Henna + a Rinse?

MissFallon

I put henna in my hair about a month ago and it turned it brown. I want black hair and I want to put a black rinse in. Is this ok to do with the henna in my hair? Any other suggestions on getting my hair black? I plan on putting in a weave and the hair I have is black (#1).

JLove74

MissFallon said:
I put henna in my hair about a month ago and it turned it brown. I want black hair and I want to put a black rinse in. Is this ok to do with the henna in my hair? Any other suggestions on getting my hair black? I plan on putting in a weave and the hair I have is black (#1).

You can use indigo to get it black.

pistachio

I was just about to ask this!!! I thought of applying a jet/blue black rinse for two hours, and then applying a clear henna to "seal in the color". In theory, it'd last longer than a normal rinse, but factually, I'm not sure it will.

Last edited:

tatje

How did you get the color brown? Is it a light brown or dark brown? I would like to achieve that color?

MissFallonI put henna in my hair about a month ago and it turned it brown. I want black hair and I want to put a black rinse in. Is this ok to do with the henna in my hair? Any other suggestions on getting my hair black? I plan on putting in a weave and the hair I have is black (#1).

OneInAMillion

pistachio said:
I was just about to ask this!!! I thought of applying a jet/blue black rinse for two hours, and then applying a clear henna to "seal in the color". In theory, it'd last longer than a normal rinse, but factually, I'm not sure it will.

Hey Pistachio,

I'm not sure of your natural hair color, but I hear that jet black rinses typically last longer than other rinses. In fact, I wanted to get one, but I'm not sure it would rinse out, as my hair's on the medium brown side.

If you want permanent black hair, you could go with the indigo. Check out Sareca's results from using this.

pistachio

OneInAMillion said:
Hey Pistachio,

I'm not sure of your natural hair color, but I hear that jet black rinses typically last longer than other rinses. In fact, I wanted to get one, but I'm not sure it would rinse out, as my hair's on the medium brown side.

If you want permanent black hair, you could go with the indigo. Check out Sareca's results from using this.

thanx for your advice:) my hair is black, but not jet black if that makes sense. i wanna do the rinses but i find that they fade too soon, i was even contemplating permanant hair color becausae I get tied of the hassle sometimes. although it's a no-no for many on here...

cmw45

I mean, you could use indigo...the only problem is that I think that it dyes the keratin in your hair black and is almost imposssible to re-dye.

kim

MissFallon said:
I dont want to use indigo, I want to use a rinse. Will it makeny hair fall out?
I think alot of people on here use a rinse and henna.

HERicane10

kim said:
I think alot of people on here use a rinse and henna.

And I'm one of them. Just rinsed out my Velvet Black rinse by Adore and will henna tomorrow! No problems yet. This was my 4th time. 2 with Adore and 2 with Vitale Blue-Black

Brownie

This is an interesting thread. Henna is good and I have found it cheap, but I haven't been able to find indigo everywhere and it is not cheap on-line (40+ dollars one use). Using a rinse like jazzing or adore with henna would be more cost effective.

Aubergold

bump again

can one use henna over a fresh rinse like:
clarify, rinse, henna, then deep condish all in the same day?

BAQ henna of course

Last edited:

Quty_Bug

JLove74 said:
You can use indigo to get it black.

I just had to say that your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I've been hesitant about using Henna on my hair but after seeing yours. I am sooooo doing it.

secretdiamond

What about this weird question:

Can you mix henna and a black rinse together and appy at the same time? I'm asking out of pure laziness to see if I can cut corners. :cool:

Sorry if this has been asked b4.

baglady215

RavenIvygurl said:
bump again

can one use henna over a fresh rinse like:
clarify, rinse, henna, then deep condish all in the same day?

BAQ henna of course

Bump... I would like to know this too.

sareca

I don't see why not, as long as you use BAQ and strand test. The next time use the same brand of henna and the same brand (and color) of rinse and you won't need to test again.

Brownie

Brownie said:
This is an interesting thread. Henna is good and I have found it cheap, but I haven't been able to find indigo everywhere and it is not cheap on-line (40+ dollars one use). Using a rinse like jazzing or adore with henna would be more cost effective.

Okay, I am going to reply to myself here. I tried a rinse recently, and I loved my rinses in the past, but it was so much work and so messy, that I told myself I should have just used indigo because then it would have been permanent. I think a rinse is good if you might want to change your hair color in the future, but if you want really dark hair for good, go with indigo because it will be less work in the long run. Also after I used a rinse I noticed that my hair felt somewhat drier (probably because of the citric acid??). Anyway, I'm about to order some indigo because the rinse was okay (the results), but for all the work I put in (applying and cleaning bathtub and sink), it was not worth the results.