Do any of you ladies keep a Hair Journal?

daviine

Does anyone keep their journal in Excel? I'd like to but not sure how to set it up. I saw one on here but it was too small for me to see the details of how it was set up.

Angel of the North

I have a journal that I write down what I have done for my hair, dates of installs if getting one, wig companies and possible wig purchases, products ordered received and hoping to purchase.

felic1 I also keep notes of products I want to try too, in 2009 I even wrote down every product and haircare tool I bought, just to see how much I was spending on my hair care and to compare the expenditure to monthly sew-ins

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Make sure you back up your stuff, I've been having a lot of bad luck with my gadgets lately :sad:

I do the exact same thing. I also take pictures to see the length progression and what products I was using when my hair was healthiest.
Angel of the North - Evernote is synced and backed up so I think I'm good.
Angelinhell - me too! I love Evernote because it serves as my own personal google. When I can't find a topic/article, I search key words and bam, there it is. I also like that I can email articles directly to my Evernote account when I'm not at home or near a computer. Love Evernote!

Jewell

Ive kept a written hair journal for the past couple of yrs, mainly to keep track of my oil recipes, herbs used for hair teas, goals, and hair products that I've benefitted frm the most.

hillytmj

I never have, but I bet it's very helpful. Throughout my journey, I've always used photos as a "progress" type tool, but I think a hair journal would have helped me identify problems earlier than I have in the past.

sweetypoo705

Hi:wave:!
I have been keeping a HHJ Journal since I began my HHJ in March 2010. I use to keep it in a binder- combination of journal and magazine articles, pictures, and product ads. I haven't used this in awhile, so on a lazy day I may get my hair magazines out and work on it.. Now, I have a journal I keep on my IPad. I write in it once a week. It has given me encouragement and a history that I am able to reflec on, share, and use to show how my hair goals have been achieved. I am an educator by profession, so I am a huge advocate of journaling:yep:.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I've kept a photo journal since 2008, and may write what I did or used in the description of each photo. Other than that, I keep a mental "log" of products and methods used. I've drastically narrowed down the number of products used (3-6 total).

HighAspirations

Then yeah I journal! It's fun! I think it's beneficial to any regimen and hair care journey. Journalism of your hair isn't just words written down, it's pictures, videos, anything that pertains to the progress of your hair....

Angel of the North

I've drastically narrowed down the number of products used (3-6 total).

That's amazing, I'm such a product junkie, I've hardly bought anything in a year and a half and still have a tall unit in my bathroom full of shampoos and conditioners! I tried to write up a list of staples for my new regimen, I came up with 3 shampoos, with two I still want to try; 6 co-wash/pre-poo conditioners, 6 DC's with 2 in my current stash I'm yet to use and 2 more I want to try; 2 protein treatments, 2 oils for my roots, 2 moisturizers and I want to try and make one with aloe vera juice, 6 oils for sealing and HOTs with one more I want to try and 2 heat protectants. That's like a total of 31 products without counting the 8 products I'm yet to try :nono:.

I think the reasons that I have/want to have more than one or two of each product that I can rely on is:
1. They always seem to discontinue products I like
2. I truly believe that my hair gets used to products after a while and they stop working the same (a change is as good as a rest, right?)
3. my hair needs different things at different times
4. I genuinely like all the products I want in my staples
5. that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :look: :lol::lol:

The good thing is that I know exactly which types of products I want to use and also the types I want to stay away from, this prevents me from jumping on any and every band wagon, so my PJism is highly unlikely to jack up my hair. I think I will eventually whittle it down, I can't say to what figure though, I'll probably always be a PJ :rolleyes:

southerncitygirl

nope, just keeping a mental log of what techniques work for me and tweaking as needed. washing in sections, moisturizing & sealing, pre-pooing, hardcore protein treatments,etc.

Angel of the North

I forgot to mention, I re-started my journal this weekend, I'm feeling totally committed to my HHJ again and it feels good, I know my hair's happy about it too.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Angel of the North, I do still buy multiple bottles of the products that I use, because I hate to run out. But I got tired of buying 50-11 different products just to have them do nothing for my hair. That really turned off my PJ-mode, LOL.

Lylddlebit

How many of you ladies Keep or have kept a hair journal?
what do you write about in there?
How often do you write in there?
How has this helped you in your HHJ?

I keep one in fotki.
I write the process of styling washing my hair in there.
I write in there once or twice a week
It really does help. Sometimes I will remember having a growth spurt or really great hair day, but the details of how exactly I achieved it are't as clear as the end result. If I look at my hair history it all comes back for perfect duplication.

BostonMaria

I kept an online journal in my Fotki account. I think it's the first year of transition plus a few months of being natural.

Sent from my iPhone 10 using LHCF

Barbara

Princess
I don't keep a journal. I just keep track of which products work well on my hair, and which ones don't.

lamaria211

I bought s small notebook today from the dollar store I'm going to start writing down everything I do to my hair

constance

I create a new Power Point each year with hair goals, regime, and progress pics. I also have a spreadsheet that I use to track my experiments with new products. I don't record things religiously but I can look back and see what products I used.