Hair Oils---MANY QUESTIONS!!!

AtlantaJJ

shiningstar84 said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Which brings me to MTG, which is basically a sulfur oil mix. If hair has disulfide bonds, then the addition of mtg can strengthen/keep/create together these bonds. Which can explain why so many were successful with the use of mtg.Yes? No? Already common knowledge?
[/FONT]

What an education...keep talking...this is actually making sense to me :eek: sulfur....I've always suspected it to be the *magic bullet* to help with hair growth and srengthening, now you explain the possible science behind that theory! COOL!

shiningstar84

ximenia said:
qhemet uses sulfur in her products and explains how it affects hair bonds here and here.

THANK YOU!!!!

quote:"Q:What is MSM sulfur and why is it in your products?
Qhemet Biologics is proud to be the first and original product line for highly textured hair to contain active MSM sulfur!
Hair sulfur levels are susceptible to external influences, particularly from hair chemical straighteners which significantly lower sulfur content. Sulfur deficient hair is slow growing, dry and brittle. The use of Qhemet Biologics hair products, which contain active, bioavailable MSM sulfur, restore sulfur levels at the hair root for absorption by cystein and methionine, two of the sulfur bearing amino acids/proteins in hair that are responsible for hair growth, tensile strength and texture. The molecular structure of MSM sulfur is small enough to penetrate the dermal layers of the scalp. Once sulfur is restored at the hair formation level, the emerging new growth is softer, stronger and richer in color. Many users of Qhemet Biologics products notice a marked improvement in the overall health, softness and growth rate of their hair. Kinky, coily and curly hair is returned to its natural, healthy state."

So mtg and alternatives should only be applied to the scalp because it has no effect on the hair strands...It only helps to strenghten the hair we are about to have(hair below the surface)...I think I may make my own sulfur mix. I've read from this forum women experiencing headaches/breakouts/etc. from taking the pills. It seems like this can be circumvented by just applying the msm directly to the scalp...with a carrier oil of course. that explains the science behind the sulfur, but what about the hot oil treatments?

Last edited: