Hair Products for Sensitive Skin

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I have always been sensitive to products. When I condition my hair and rinse it out, immediately my scalp and skin itches. Usually rinsing thoroughly relieves it, but if I sweat it comes out of my pores and itch more. My sensitivity/allergy has gotten worse and right now I have a rash all over my body, except for my face. I've used different products and every single one leads to discomfort.

Does anyone know of any poo and conditioner that is good for extremely sensitive skin and for dry hair? Pretty please. Conditioner alone would be good.

Sorry you've got the itchies!

Almay used to make a hypo-allergenic shampoo and conditioner, but I haven't been able to find them lately. I've had good luck with the Alba brand conditioners. They're not unscented, but they work for my super-sensitive skin/scalp. Your skin might have different sensitivities from mine, so YMMV.

What is YMMV?

I dragged my feet scheduling an appointment with a dermatologist, so I have to wait until Tuesday to see one. Is Alba expensive?

I have very sensitive skin too (think baby shampoo, baby oil, baby clothing detergent). . . AVOID creme of nature AT ALL COSTS! it made me break out something serious. I mean swollen eyes, weeping skin, scabbed/itchy face & neck, bleeding/itchy sores. this is a great post, because i would LOVE to try some products that work for sensitive skin but also give good health/growth results

What is YMMV?

I dragged my feet scheduling an appointment with a dermatologist, so I have to wait until Tuesday to see one. Is Alba expensive?
I finally met with mine a MONTH after the rash had cleared up and I had discovered on my own what caused it. He basically told me that he couldn't offer much help, without doing one of those patch tests, and even those are like a week long process. he was like just avoid that particular line of products.

Back