hair related tips to make it all go smoothly

LondonDiva

What are the 'strange' and not so strange tips you can recommend to members on the board.

I can think of 1.

For those that Deep Condition using plastic shower caps and find that the elastic makes your forehead itch, fold up a piece of tissue/kitchen roll and put it on your forehead and place the shower cap on the tissue. I can go for longer doing a DC without having my forehead itch me, or leave that unattractive thick line.

It works wonders. Downside, you get tissue stuck to your forehead from the body heat. Nothing a little warm water and flannel won't fix. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL. I thought I was the only one doing this. I roll a paper towel, and then I place it on my forehead where that elastic part of the cap is. Mine never itches. I just hate the thick imprint it leaves on my forehead.

*SNORT*
Try sleeping with that bad boy on...boyyyy am I attractive in the morning with that line around my forehead! Yeeeahhh babbbyyyy... /images/graemlins/grin.gif Darn you girls for not saying that sooner! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Here's my tip though, make sure you wring your hair pretty much completely dry before applying a rich protein conditioner like Motions Oil Moisturizer. If that stuff gets drippy and runs into your mouth it just ain't even funny. /images/graemlins/lick.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
*SNORT*
Try sleeping with that bad boy on...boyyyy am I attractive in the morning with that line around my forehead! Yeeeahhh babbbyyyy... /images/graemlins/grin.gif Darn you girls for not saying that sooner! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Here's my tip though, make sure you wring your hair pretty much completely dry before applying a rich protein conditioner like Motions Oil Moisturizer. If that stuff gets drippy and runs into your mouth it just ain't even funny. /images/graemlins/lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Leisha I make sure I get as much water out of my hair as possible before applying a conditioner. For that reason and also it takes better IMO when my hair is damp rather than sopping wet.

The first tip wouldn't be classified as 'strange', but I find it very helpful.

1. Don't use the gloves in the relaxer kits. Get surgeon type gloves and use those. They're more snug. You will have more control. You will be able to feel your hair better, can work faster and will be less encumbered. They usually sell these gloves at the beauty supply store.

2. If you do use the gloves in the kit, cover your fingers/hands with vaseline to help keep the gloves from sliding around or coming off.

thanx LD fr the tip, and here i was thinkin that i got that line coz i got a BIG 4head /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back