hair rinses- light or dark?

sunny

can anyone list some of the darker hair rinse colors in the jazzings, adore etc. brands. I want to rinse my brown hair to a darker almost black looking shade but not totally black. beautiful collection darkest brown was too dark..any suggestions? thanx. Also what type hair do u like best light or dark?. thanx

C

Cami

I agree with you that Beautiful Collections darkest brown appears really dark. When I tried it, it made my hair look jet black! Sorry, I can't think of any other rinses that won't make your hair look so dark. I'm pretty sure someone on this board can....

metalkitty

I like darker hair because of the depth and glossiness. Maybe you could try an auburn shade, it might be what you're looking for. I'm going to try Beyond The Zone's semi haircolor soon, it contains no peroxide or ammonia and the ingredients sound like conditioner.

Tracy

Sunny - I like mine lighter - but I use a dye to achieve that.

A good in between brown in Sebastian Colorshines are the Mahoghany and Neutral Brown shades.

Adore has more colors so I'm not as familiar with all the names - but you best bet is to choose one that appears slightly LIGHTER - but the same tone - as your natural hair.

Porous hair (relaxed hair) "grabs" color more - and that's why dark shades come out darker than they appear.

HTH

localhost

Tracy -

Do you know of any blue/black rinses? I'm really considering the blue/black look and I don't know where to start

Tracy

I know of several love...

My favorite is Sebastian's Black Orchid. Adore also has a blue black but I'd have to look up the name of the color for you....

Every line tends to have one. Semis, Demi's and Rinses all....

Careful though - they tend to go greenish as they rinse out because of the Blue/Green base...you can counteract that by purchasing a true red in a similar color and adding about a half ounce for each 3.5 ounces of blue black that you use.

Use a color applicator bottle to do the measuring accurately.

localhost

Tracy, thanks for information. When I'm ready to try this, I'll be sure to add some red in per your instructions.