My Hair Lovesssssssssssssssss

Lee

conditioner washes. Last night I did a condition wash which I have done several times before however, not 11 weeks into a relaxer. Last weekend I took my braids out and poof a big afro. I washed my hair with a clarify shampoo and did the reconstructor the whole bit. But nothing compares to my conditioner wash last night. I used Pantene S&S for my wash and I let it sit for about 5 mins. I rinsed and used Lekair Cholestorl (sp?) w/EVOO I deep conditioned with this for 20 mins. rinsed with distilled water and used 3in1 phase oil from Profectiv for a hot oil treatment and I also used a leave-in by assuie for stressed hair. I air dried my hair in the phony tail method with a flexi rod at the end. This morning I was able to comb through my hair. In which I wasn't able to do two days prior. I may just give up shampoo all together.

[ QUOTE ]
conditioner washes. Last night I did a condition wash which I have done several times before however, not 11 weeks into a relaxer. Last weekend I took my braids out and poof a big afro. I washed my hair with a clarify shampoo and did the reconstructor the whole bit. But nothing compares to my conditioner wash last night. I used Pantene S&S for my wash and I let it sit for about 5 mins. I rinsed and used Lekair Cholestorl (sp?) w/EVOO I deep conditioned with this for 20 mins. rinsed with distilled water and used 3in1 phase oil from Profectiv for a hot oil treatment and I also used a leave-in by assuie for stressed hair. I air dried my hair in the phony tail method with a flexi rod at the end. This morning I was able to comb through my hair. In which I wasn't able to do two days prior. I may just give up shampoo all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee, I am happy for you..... I am also going to give the conditioning washes a try in the near future.........thanks for sharing.....

I'm new to the forum and am still trying to make sure that I have this conditioner rinse thing straight. Earlier this week I went out and purchase an Aphogee protein treatment and conditioner pack (one time use). I also purchased cholesterol with aloe and Wonder 8s new (I think ) 100% shea butter. Once I returned home I applied the aphogee and aphogee conditioner after a preshampoo treatment (olive oil over night). Next I sat under the dryer for 10 minutes with the aloe cholesterol in my hair (covered with a plasic bag). I then rinse the conditioner out, towel dryed my hair, and applied sheabutter to the ends and hair line. I tried roller setting, but my hair was too dry (I'm 10 weeks into a relaxer). The sheabutter really helped to moisturize my hair. I applied it all over and then braided my hair.

Last night I did a conditioning rinse using the cholesterol aloe conditioner. I sat under the dryer for about 10 minutes and then rinsed the conditioner out. I then braided my hair into four plaits and rolled the ends with rods that were the width of a straw. this morning I took the braids out and loved the look I got. My hair looked like it was naturally wavey.

In reading the cholesterol container I notice that it said it added protein to the hair. Is this conditioner to intense/strong for every day use (conditioning rinses)? Also, should I use a leave in conditioner rather than one that needs to be rinsed out. Please let me know. I plan to wash my hair at the end of the week (once a week) in order to keep from drying it out. Does anyone wash their hair using shampoo twice a week while doing conditioning rinse on the other 6 days? Right now I'm using At One With Nature's Hydrating shampoo until I get the money to order L'anza and Eluecenses shampoos. Please give me some feed back. Thanks in Advance.

Hi PraiseGod-

I use LeKair Cholesterol Plus (the peach one) as my deep conditioner after I shampoo. I do this once a week.

For my other wash, I use an instant conditioner (like V05, Pantene or Suave) and follow up with my Aussie Moist. I let the Aussie stay on my hair for about 30-45 minutes. Aussie has a thicker consistency than the instant conditioner. I then rinse out the Aussie and apply a leave-in conditioner (Motions, Infusium).

If your hair is really dry and needs additional moisture, I think the cholesterol can be used. Protein is not that high on the list of ingredients so it shouldn't dry your hair out.

The aphogee treatment is a very strong protein and should be followed with a moisturizing conditioner. I think you should have left the cholesterol on a little longer than 10 minutes. Normally after I use Aphogee, I let the conditioner stay on for at least 45 minutes- 1 hour.

How often are you going to wash your hair? Once or twice a week?

-LaKisha

Thanks for the feedback LaKisha. I had planned on washing my hair with shampoo once a week and doing conditioning rinses with the cholesterol (rinse out) five times a week. THe reasoning behind me doing so is I have read in several magizines that shampooing can be drying if done too often. Do you think I should wash it twice a week (or more)?

My hair loves conditioner washes too! I just use my KeraCare Humecto. I shampoo one week and conditioner wash the next. Sometimes I do a conditioner wash twice a week or more depending on what I'm doing. (beach, gym, etc...) At first I didn't think I was gonna like them because my hair was weighed down and didn't feel like it was getting clean enough, but what I do now is I plan on just wearing my hair in a bun for those days, or just do them more often. I've been getting lots of shedding when I shampoo my hair lately, but when I do the conditioner washes, no shedding at all! And...the next week when I shampoo, no shedding then either! They definitely work for me! Keep it up ladies!
clap.gif

Depending on what shampoo you use, it can be drying to use it more than once a week. But it really depends on your lifestyle.

I workout 5-6 days a week and sweat A LOT. Sometimes I can shampoo on Sundays, and do conditioner washes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and my hair will be fine. Other times, I may have to use shampoo on Thursdays because my scalp just doesn't feel clean. I want to make sure I get all of that salty sweat off of my scalp.

Basically, its trial and error with your regime and products. Do what works for YOUR hair. Listen to your hair and your scalp.

Hope this helps!

-LaKisha

Back