hair style and face shape? can ya'll help me?

FineChyna

long story short: i think i need a new hair style :nono: i've been known to wear buns and twist out style updos. seems like now i can't do that since my face shaped changed once i lost a lot of weight. and some negative comments and disapproving stares recently brought to my attention that my hair style might not be flattering for my face. seems like my face shape went from a wide heart shape face to a slimmer version heart shape face (i have large forehead, pointy chin, with not as wide cheeks.

problem is, i am VERY short on free/personal time, my hair is natural and shrinks terribly, i am a big-time scalp sweater so anytime i do my hair it gets limp and frizzy and my hair reacts to moisture horrible and i HATE the way hair feels on my neck area. i have been considering relaxing my hair but i've never had an experience where my hair didn't break off horribly either. i haven't found a wig that looks convincing enough to wear and weaves are a no go because of my sweaty scalp situation.

my current length is between SL and APL and i have type 4 hair.

i'm kinda at a lost what to do now that my face has slimmed out.any advice you can give would be helpful. thx

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I think you would look cute with a bantu-knot out. Or something similar that will bring volume around your face. Or, if you prefer your updos, maybe create an illusion of fringe/bangs and do high pony tails or buns.

I have a large forehead and my face is fat. I notice often times that I look better when you can see my hair. So when I wear my hair in an updo, I do a halo braid around the perimeter or a high bun with lots of volume or a puff. If I feel like wearing my bun in the middle of my head, I do a deep side part.

BostonMaria

I think you could do pretty much any hairstyle you want.

I have the same problem with shrinkage (3C close to tailbone length hair that shrinks up to my ears) so I hear ya. I've been au naturale for over 6 years and I'm still trying to figure my hair out LOL For you... Twist out, braid outs, bantu-knots, pony puff, etc would look cute. If you straighten it I'm sure that would look cute also.

You should try going on Youtube and looking for people with similar hair to see what they do.

FineChyna

I think you would look cute with a bantu-knot out. Or something similar that will bring volume around your face. Or, if you prefer your updos, maybe create an illusion of fringe/bangs and do high pony tails or buns.

I have a large forehead and my face is fat. I notice often times that I look better when you can see my hair. So when I wear my hair in an updo, I do a halo braid around the perimeter or a high bun with lots of volume or a puff. If I feel like wearing my bun in the middle of my head, I do a deep side part.
when you do the side part is the hair swooping across your forehead? i tried that and it was hard to keep my hair in place and then the products i used caused bad forehead acne :(

as for volume around my face i feel like my hair likes to shrink around my ears which does not look good at all. if my hair stayed down near my shoulders i would be ok i think but i haven't had much luck no matter what i try. its frustrating.

thanks for the suggestions.

FineChyna

I think you could do pretty much any hairstyle you want.

I have the same problem with shrinkage (3C close to tailbone length hair that shrinks up to my ears) so I hear ya. I've been au naturale for over 6 years and I'm still trying to figure my hair out LOL For you... Twist out, braid outs, bantu-knots, pony puff, etc would look cute. If you straighten it I'm sure that would look cute also.

You should try going on Youtube and looking for people with similar hair to see what they do.

wow! do you find that your hair acts worse depending on the moisture in the air?