hair styling

Hello everyone. I just shampooed my hair with Nexxus Therappe and conditioned with Nexxus Keraphix. It has been over a year since I styled my own hair my hairtype is 4b and I'm currently transitioning my last relaxer was sept 08. I was wondering how much hair is normal to lose during the whole hairstyling process I seen about 10 strands in the shower while I was shampooing, and how should I blow dry my hair with less breakage as possible?

Solitude

Congratulations on getting this far in your transition. Hopefully some long term stretchers/transitioners/naturals will chime in with some suggestions.

As far as blow-drying, a lot of people use PinkSkates' "tension method." I think you keep the hair taunt while running the blowdryer up & down you hair section by section.

Personally, I use a comb attachment even when stretching because it gets my new growth straighter. (But this may cause more hair loss than you would like, so I would not suggest it!)

BUT, I prefer to rollerset, then use a round brush with the blowdryer to get my roots straight.

SEMO

Tens strands isn't bad at all. I lose WAY more when I wash my hair (though I don't count the exact number), and my hair is pretty thick.

I don't have much advice about blow drying really (I air dry my hair). But perhaps make sure you use the lowest heat setting that will get the job done. And if you use a brush, make sure the bristles are soft (like a boar bristle brush).