Pleasantly surprised by Nexxus

katie

I used Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and loved it.Then followed with Keraphix (also love this) and finally ended with Humectress.I airdried with Loreal Smooth Intense and Humectress as a leave-in, and my hair now feels soo moisturised and smooth and soft.I am so pleased.I wasnt expecting much from Nexxus since I had read a thread about how many ppl here hate this brand.I am so happy it works for me!!Esp since I bought a litre each of Therappe and Humectress

soulchild

Good for you

SVT

I'm glad to hear it worked for you.

I was a Nexxus junkie a few years back. I have no complaints about it's performance. I stopped using Humectress last year after deciding to wear my hair natural and discovering the cheapie Suave worked really good on it.

katie

hairlove,since Humectress is a creamy leave-in I used my hands.
Wouldnt a cream leave-in clog a spray bottle?

inthepink

katie,

Not if you mix it with water. Do you find that it leaves your hair shiny and moisturized? Or does it seem dull? The reason I'm asking is that I used a creamy leave-in today (mixed with water) and my hair seems to be left dull...

lunalight7

Glad you liked the products katie. I love Keraphix and Humectress is a staple for me. I also used Headdress before the pj in me emerged!! Ive never tried any of the shampoos.

katie

I have never had shiny hair unless I use shine serums(which is rare).But my hair does feel quite moisturised though.Shine doesn't matter that much to me;I rarely wear my hair open
What creamy leave-in did you use?

inthepink

katie,

I used Suave Professionals Awupuhi. You're right...it did feel moisturized...just not the sheen that I usually get. I may add more oil next time.

nita4

I'm in love with Humectress. My hair absolutely loves this stuff.

It is my regular conditioner used with heat for 30 min.

It is my detangler and leave in afterwards.

I like to use a little daily with EFA oil on my strands and ends - keeps them very moisturized - I do like to switch up with ORS olive oil.

I also use a little in my spray bottle with distilled water when rollersetting my hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Tracy,

Is your regimen posted somewhere? I must see how you fit all of your products in because I need to fit all of mine in too

Tracy

HA! Not a current one!

But I'm pretty much sticking to Nexxus right now...but what I do is rotate in other PROTEIN type conditioners when I do my hair at home on Wednesdays and then I follow with Humectress.

When I go to the salon on Saturday I wash and use Keraphix at home. Then I rinse and use Humectress - and I let them rinse and set it at the salon (that way I get to leave it in for a good hour. I go to the salon with condiioner in my hair).

Once a month I do something special - like 10 in 1, Mermade, NACIDIT, Lustrasilk Cholesterol, or Infusium Power Pac....

And I almost always follow with Humectress....

For the most part tho I always use Humectress and I use Keraphix at LEAST once a week. I just bought the liter sized bottles!

I never buy a liter size of NUTHIN!

buffyangelfan2

Right now, I am using the Nexxus Keraphix protein conditioner along with my CON shampoo/conditioner. But I noticed that since using the Keraphix, my hair feels and looks dryer and my scalp seems to be alot dryer. When I last washed my hair I used my CON, then towel dried my hair and put the Keraphix on it with a plastic cap. I let it sit for awhile then rinsed it out and lathered up with the CON again.

I have been using Creme of Nature for a few months now and it lathers good and ALWAYS leaves my hair soft and moisturized. But since using the Keraphix, it does not lather up as well and my hair and scalp looks and feels dry. I don't neccessarily think it's the product, I just think maybe I'm doing something wrong. Now what should I get to use along with the keraphix? What order do ya'll use your Nexxus products in? And how long should you leave the Keraphix on your hair?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
buffyangelfan2 said:
Right now, I am using the Nexxus Keraphix protein conditioner along with my CON shampoo/conditioner. But I noticed that since using the Keraphix, my hair feels and looks dryer and my scalp seems to be alot dryer. When I last washed my hair I used my CON, then towel dried my hair and put the Keraphix on it with a plastic cap. I let it sit for awhile then rinsed it out and lathered up with the CON again.

I have been using Creme of Nature for a few months now and it lathers good and ALWAYS leaves my hair soft and moisturized. But since using the Keraphix, it does not lather up as well and my hair and scalp looks and feels dry. I don't neccessarily think it's the product, I just think maybe I'm doing something wrong. Now what should I get to use along with the keraphix? What order do ya'll use your Nexxus products in? And how long should you leave the Keraphix on your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

How often are you using the Keraphix? Is your hair color treated?

I use Keraphix and Humectress with Nexxus Botanoil shampoo.

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
buffyangelfan2 said:
Right now, I am using the Nexxus Keraphix protein conditioner along with my CON shampoo/conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regular deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner is probably more moisturizing and less drying than with a protein conditioner. Too much protein turns my hair to a brittle barbed wire texture.

Use the Keraphix protein conditioner less often (couple times monthly?) and sub in your favorite moisturizing conditioner after each CON wash to reduce the dryness.