Hair sunscreen, anyone??

aggiegirl

Now that summer's almost here, is anyone using sunscreen for the hair? I've been reading alot lately about the benefits of doing so, especially if you have color treated hair. I was considering the Phytoplage Protective Sun Veil. Has anybody tried this?

sweetcocoa

I've never used that but one of the conditioners(Jason's Sea Kelp) I use has a sunscreen in it. I plan on using it for a leave in during the summer.

aggiegirl

Thanks ladies. I already use a wrap/setting lotion, so that's why I was looking more toward something that could be used on dry hair. But I'll definitely keep those in mind.

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
I use Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner which contains sunscreen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that. I have to get some. Now that I'm off of the May challenge, there's so much I see that I want to try!

lunalight7

I use Headdress which claims to protect hair from UV rays. I just purchased John Frieda's Life Preserver Sun Protection oil. Im looking forward to using this while in the Caribbean this July.

T

Tee

[ QUOTE ]
Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner can be used on dry hair (says so on the bottle).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this! I'll get some samples next time I'm at Neiman's.

Does anybody know if a hair sunscreen will prevent (non-color treated) hair from lightening up? That's my main issue. My hair turns to a light brown shade in the summer and I want it to stay dark.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Tee, I don't know if hair sunscreen will prevent non-color treated hair from lightening but what about using color-depositing shampoo or conditioner?

aggiegirl

Didn't know that. I'll definitely look into it. I guess when I think of leave ins, I just automatically assume that they are strictly for wet hair.

Lengthwanted

<font color="red"> Environment </font>
Before going out to the beach or pool, comb conditioner such
through the hair. This helps to protect hair from the sun,
chlorine, salt water, and from the sun's heat, and serves
as a deep conditioning treatment. Wear a hat, cap or scarf
if you can to protect hair from over-exposure to the sun,
salt or chlorinated water, wind and air pollution.

compliments of: Hair Tips

BCBGGirl

I used to really like banana boat's hair protector spray it's spf 15. Recently I purchased john frieda sun protection oil, but I don't really like oils so I mix it with a leave in spray. I'm sure this decreases the effectiveness. So I will stick with my trusty l'oreal dry defense conditioner in the morning, which has sunscreen, or go back to banana boat.