Hair thinning on the Sides(temple area)What to do?

Ronica

Ok I'm a little embarrassed about admitting this but I would like some suggestions. What could you use to stop hair from thinning on the sides (temple area)? I'll need a touch up in a week or so and was thinking of not getting the sides touched up, just to see if they can grow back? Could that be an option? Any suggestions on what you may have used if you've had this problem. thanks

Ronica

lunalight7

I have this same problem in my temple areas. I would recommend that you do not put relaxer in those areas until you have at least one and a half inches of growth. That may take a while but I think it will be worth the wait. What I do is, saturate these areas w/ Carefree Gold spray. I Surge the areas after I wash and prior to working out - - so about four times a week. Now that little hairs are sprouting out, I put Profective Breakfree over the CF Gold to help the hairs lie down. I try to cover these areas as best I can with the longer surrounding hairs.

Hope this helps. No chemicals, little manipulation, and lots of moisture should do the trick. Others have had success with Nioxin Follicle Booster, castor oil, vitamin e oil, and scalp massages.

LABETT

I would definitely not relax the sides I had worked so hard
to grow back in my hairline and relaxed my hair and it broke
off and I had to start all over again.
Nioxin follicle boosters and Profectiv anti thinning cirrculant cream grew my hair back.
Surge and castor oil grew back my mothers bald and thinned
spot in the back of her head.

Ronica

Ok, I think I will do that and what does SURGE mean? I've seen that on the boards here and wanted to know you meant. Thank you!