Hair vent

lesedi

All is well with me
Does anyone feel like your hair looks way better in pictures than it does in real life. I'm always shocked when I see pics of my hair, cos it seems longer and nicer to me.

And also, the other day my friend asked me how long my hair was and I said 'brushing shoulder length' and she stretched a piece and it was nearly at my armpit. My hair is growing but doesn't feel as 'long; as I thought it would be...

Does anyone relate to this?

Darenia

I am actually the opposite. I will be walking around thinking my hair looks so lush and fabulous then I see a picture of myself and I am looking a crazy mess.

Once back when I was around BSL, I flat ironed my hair for a special event and everyone kept telling me how nice I looked, so I was really feeling myself (do the younger folks still say this?). Well after we got the pictures from the event back I saw that I actually looked like a long haired wet chihuahua.

sunnieb

I feel you OP. I'm still surprised when people tell me that my hair is long.

I think it comes from being stuck in NL-SL land for decades. I still think my hair is that length until I take a pic.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

kandiekj100

Does anyone feel like your hair looks way better in pictures than it does in real life.

I am actually the opposite. I will be walking around thinking my hair looks so lush and fabulous then I see a picture of myself and I am looking a crazy mess.

Both of these apply to me. Whenever I'm feeling ho hum about my hair, the pic will be all Patene Pro-V commercial ready.

And when I'm feelin' myself and thinking I'm having a good hair day, My hair is all Bride of Frankenstein. What gives?!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Both of these apply to me. Whenever I'm feeling ho hum about my hair, the pic will be all Patene Pro-V commercial ready.

And when I'm feelin' myself and thinking I'm having a good hair day, My hair is all Bride of Frankenstein. What gives?!

MY LIFE!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Iluvsmuhgrass

MY LIFE!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

LOLOL Yours and mine both!! :lol: :lachen: :lol:

I was REALLY feeling myself. Had the outfit, the hair, and everything going. Make up was laid for the gawds!! I walked out and my boyfriend went to smoothing my hair. I gave him the eye of doom.... "Don't touch my HAIR" with a side of "I will KILL you". :look: *sigh* fast forward to pics. :nono: I look like I stuck my finger in an industrial sized electric socket. Horrible. Those pics never saw the light of day. :lol: :nono:

melissa-bee

I'm the opposite.
I feel my hair looks decent in real life. But in pictures it looks a dusty mess.
Which is why I want to dye my hair jet black.
My edges also look different in pictures :crazy:
I have decent edges but they are a bit thin so in pictures they look patchy :crazy: :crazy:

beautyintheyes

with me i think my hair is shorter because my hair isnt that thick :( when i see someone with the same hair length as me but thicker it seems longer sometimes!

FlawedBeauty

This is me too. My hair will be lookin all fab in the mirror then I take a pic and I'm like, ew wtf?! I'm almost bsl and it still looks short to me. I don't think my hair will look long to me until its a good inch or so past bsl. :(

Marand13

with me i think my hair is shorter because my hair isnt that thick :( when i see someone with the same hair length as me but thicker it seems longer sometimes!

Thats my issue right now as well. Mostly because of the difference in my hair when I was at this length before. Because its so thinned out I still feel like I did when it was only a few inches long.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
my hair kinda looks brown-ish in some of my pics, but it's actually black. my pics look better on my phone (shinier, darker, awesomerr lol) but once I upload them to my computer, they look all hazy to me. like the brightness was turned up or something.

on days when my hair is super amazing and I'm having a crazy awesome hair day and I go to take a pic...the pic suucks lol. I haaate that. or it looks shorter in the pic than in person.

manter26

I feel the opposite too. IRL my hair looks fab but in pics it comes out blah. Taking pics of the mirror helps but it still doesn't look the same.

leiah

Yesterday I was talking on skype and my hair looked amazing. Im mad i didnt get a screen shot.

I never felt like my hair was long until I passed WL

-PYT

Stupid scalp. oh oops I thought this was a place to vent about anything then I saw the OP lmao

Danniquin

I feel the same way!

I always tell my mom I need my hair to look beautiful like the girls on lhcf! It's long but I feel like it's not pretty! haha...I took a pic of it (my avi) and I was like wow maybe it is kind of pretty!

I think the main problem is that I don't feel cute unless my hair is down, so when I wear ponytails or buns I think my hair looks busted!

Smh I guess it's hairnorexia! :/

Monaleezza

My hair is currently the longest it has ever been. :yay:

I'm touching BSL so when I wear my hair out I'm sometimes filled with excitement when I catch my reflection in a shop window or something.
But other times, I'm simply gutted that it isn't where I want it to be.

And outside of my family and people I've discussed my hair journey with, NOBODY has ever told me I have long hair. :sad: And so I get to thinking, maybe my growth is all in my head! :lol:

lolascurls

Welcome to hair-anorexia! What was long to you before, feels short because you don't feel it's growing fast enough!
When people go crazy about my length check pics, I have to take a step back....I didn't realise they were saying it was long...vs short! Odd but it is something my hair journey does to me. Shrinkage doesn't help me feel less like a hair dwarf in between length checks either.