Hair Weave Thefts

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
courtesy of Fox 26 News- Houston
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/weird/090305_weave_thefts

HOUSTON - A group of hair and beauty supply store owners is asking the Houston Police Department to help them fight an unusual burglary trend. Those store owners say they're being robbed of their hair weaves.
FOX 26 news has learned at least 7 stores have been hit over the last few months. The burglaries have mainly targeted businesses in north Houston.
Matt Yi, who owns a hair and beauty supply store, says the thieves are going after saga. Yi says it's one of the most popular hair weaves on the market in Houston. HPD is investigating the case but store owners say they'd like to see the department do more.
Some owners have beefed up their private security to keep the criminals out. Yi says his colleagues have raised more than $5,000 to offer a reward through Crime Stoppers.
Saga hair extensions go for about $40 to $100 a bag in the store. Yi says his customers in north Houston say they can buy the hair on the streets for as little as $25.

Lawd--this is the Beauty Supply that I go to all the time! Its on Little York and I-45 for the Houston Ladies...I was so embarrassed to see this fool taking bags of hair. I called my aunt who is a beautician and she says that the phone lines have been heating up to see if they have some of that "hair that was on the news"...Ladies, would you purchase some stolen $100 bag of hair for $25 out the trunk of a knucklehead's car....Hmmmm, I think I would..Hell, its a recession!

Tyra

It's sad. But I'm not gonna lie I wish I had a way to get to Houston to some of that hair. Gurl, I know I can can get these women to come off of $35 easy for some $100 hair. No nevermind. It'll be worse than drug wars over here. I can see it now.

Ediese

Bwahhhhahaaaaaaa!! I need to head over there to North Houston to get some of that $25 hair from Tyrone and em. lmao Saga isn't even high quality. wth??

LadyPaniolo

Would I buy Saga for $25 out of some knucklehead's trunk? NO way. I don't buy stolen merchandise, and I refuse to even be seen in the company of thieves, burglars or the like.

I have learned that once you buy hot product ONE TIME, these boosters (busters more like) will never leave you alone. They will constantly be trying to sell you every and anything. NO way, man.

PuddingPop

I havent been to the hair board in a while now but when I saw the title of this thread I just had to see what was going on. Hilarious. Everything else gets sold on the street so Im not surprised.