Hairstyle - Need Your Opinion

inthepink

Sorry to start so many threads lately but I am going through some sort of hair change and need all the support I can get! Once again, here I am! What do you guys think of this hairstyle for me? Do you think I have enough natural hair for this? Do you think this is something a stylist would know how to do if I were to take in a picture of this cut? Just wanna know...whaddya think?

Curve Salon -- Very First "After" Shot on this page

Even if your natural hair is that length 9which it looks like it is to me, it looks like its just above shoulder} then wouldnt shrinkage be a problem....?

Dont forget natural hair shrinks sometimes to a quarter of its length. I dont think yours will shrink that much but if its even a third then your way above shoulder.....

I like the first picture.
smile.gif

Shrinkage could be a problem. When I was natural, I didn't have much shrinkage because of the type of curls I had. You won't fully know until you do the cut. There's different techniques you can try to use to elongate your curls if the shrinkage is more than you'd like.

Tracy and Tai - Are you saying that you think the girl's hair in the picture has not fully shrunken? Or are you saying that you think my length is her length only when my hair is straight?

I was thinking that with my hair cut to the new growth, styled, and everything it would be that length including shrinkage. Please explain!!
smile.gif

I think her hair has shrunken in that pic. Her hair looks dry. It's probably a few inches past her shoulder when it's straight.
The thing w/ curly hair is that shrinkage can be a problem for some people. I don't think you'll have much shrinkage and your hair, my guess, will probably roam somewhere around your shoulders once it's dry. Since your hair looks more wavy than curly right now, you'll probably have minimal shrinkage, IMO.
I think we were just trying to prepare you in case your hair came out a bit shorter than you were expecting.
smile.gif

When are you doing the cut?

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
I think her hair has shrunken in that pic. Her hair looks dry. It's probably a few inches past her shoulder when it's straight.
The thing w/ curly hair is that shrinkage can be a problem for some people. I don't think you'll have much shrinkage and your hair, my guess, will probably roam somewhere around your shoulders once it's dry. Since your hair looks more wavy than curly right now, you'll probably have minimal shrinkage, IMO.
I think we were just trying to prepare you in case your hair came out a bit shorter than you were expecting.
smile.gif

When are you doing the cut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. I gotcha!! I am definitely taking shrinkage into consideration since I know my length helps to weigh down my curls now and may even make them "appear" to be waves. Mine could definitely end up shorter than that...but I do like the style as a good start for growing out even if a little shorter.

"Just because Tonya's hair looks like that doesn't mean Hairlove's hair will look like that." <--This I know!!
smile.gif

Thank you for explaining.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
It looks like a very nice style (will look good on you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Allandra. I like that the style is a little shorter in the front and longer in the back. I think that might work better since I have a somewhat long oval face...rather than a bob even all around.

I also think that the style looks great. It kind of reminds me of Tracee's pic in your avatar. And then, it will only get longer from there...
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

No - I was actually saying her hair is probably brastrap if not longer when straight. So she has longer hair than it appears in this pic....

The style you chose is going to look great on you, especially if you have an oval face.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lovelymissyoli said:
It's a very cute style, are you getting color as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - no color for me
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
No - I was actually saying her hair is probably brastrap if not longer when straight. So she has longer hair than it appears in this pic....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Do you think so? Her curls seem pretty loose/stretched at the shoulder length so it doesn't appear that there's enough "stretch" left to get it all the way to bra strap or past...in my opinion. I guess that is just something that is always hard to tell. I would be ok with my hair being shorter than that...it's more the style I'm after.

Back