hairstyles that hide new growth

caliber38

Hey i'm stretching my relaxer. Its been 8 weeks and i'm shooting for 9 weeks and I need to do soimething my hair AHHHHHH. Please give any suggestions you may have. The edges are not lookin cute right now :nono:

tschizum

I'd say wash n go's or bantu knots. Things with volume hides my new growth or at least blends it in.

2Cute!

Bantu knots or braid outs. I usually can hide mine by putting it into a curly ponytail. Sometimes I add a headband too.

prospurr4

Rollersets, specifically spiral sets (see avatar) do an excellent job at hiding my new growth, until I touchup at 12 or 13 weeks post.

wheezy807

^^^All thee above, plus the infamous bun. Sock bun that is, just make sure you lay down the edges.

meia

I found during my transition I would use Strawsets (which were particularly useful), buns (a variety- high buns, low buns, side buns, mid-nape), Small braids, cornrows (particularly useful because not only do they hide NG but they help to grow it out more until you're ready to do something with the length of your hair), 2 strand twists, oh and low ponytails that were very loose (with a pompadour or, as many ladies call it, "The Bump" in the front of my hair this was THE BEST everyday style for me because I looked stylish and it contained my hair very nicely. These all proved VERY helpful during my transition and I still use some of them now!

HTH!:yep:

meia