Hairveda, Oyin, Anita, Karen's or Qhemet?

If you had to choose, you'd pick which line?

• Oyin Handmade

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Karen's Body Beautiful

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Qhemet Biologics

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Anita Grant

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Hairveda

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jazzmommy

I've only tried two listed:

Qhemets: Love this line-, I have natural, thick hair. I don't care for the new detangler though. I've also tried the Alma & Olive Heavy Cream, Olive & Honey Balm

Hairveda: I love the smell of the products, but they are not very moisterzing for my hair. So, I would not purchase again. I've tried the Green Tea butter, Shea Aloe butter, and Almond Glaze.

darlingdiva

Okay, I've only tried Karen's Body Beautiful, but I had to come in here & give this line props b/c the stuff is simply amazing.

Deep Conditioner: AMAZING. It moisturizes & detangles like nobody's business. When the conditioner is in my hair, I can comb from root to tip w/ no problem.

Hair Oil: Wonderful. It gives a nice sheen to my twist-outs. I don't have to use a lot, either. Plus, surprisingly, it also works very well on my ends. Dare I say that this may be replacing castor oil as a sealant for my ends?

Luscious Locks Hair Mask: EXCEPTIONAL. This product is too much moisture for my hair (I have fine hair). Having said that, though, the moisturizing properties of this product are exceptional. I recommend it to anyone w/ thick, tightly coiled hair.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Asha's- Bad customer service and they shippid my package to an address across town! :whip: Never odered from them again

Shescentit- Gillian Butter, Green Grape Mist, Pre Shampoo oil, Fortifying Mask and Banana Brulee are all fantastic! The scents are wonderful and the products are very moisturizing

Hairveda- Sitrinilla is the bomb and the scent is just :drool: Oh, it smells soooo good! :lick:

Qhemet- Olive and Honey Balm is one of the best moisturizers ever! Top of the line stuff. It even SMELLS like honey! The name isn't Olive and Honey Balm for nothing :giggle:

Oyin- Whipped Pudding and Juices & Berries will forever be in this house. I just can't be without them! J&B smells sooo good, and when I use it to rollerset, my hair comes out oh so light and swangy! Whipped Pudding is helping keep my dry nape in check and it works for my whole family. My 1 yr old son has a little patch of eczema on his arm. Applying the Whipped Pudding twice a day for a week has tremendously helped with the dryness. He hardly even scratches it anymore!

Never tried Anita Grant or KBB

Eisani

I think it depends on hair type and natural/relaxed/texlaxed etc as well. My .02:

LOVE Hairveda! SitriNillah is good on its own or as a mixing base for dc's. I prefer it on dry hair w/heat. CoCasta Oil and Vatika Frosting was my true intro to ayurvedic oils. I got good growth using these as prepoo's and for scalp massages. Love the Moist 24/7 and Moist ConditionPro. I use the 24/7 as a leave in and dc as well. Avosoya oil is light and nice. I would use this on straightened hair. Whipped Gelly is the greatest for curl definition and smoothing your edges w/o leaving them hard. Almond Glaze is nice for laying down my edges as well. I'll stop talking about HV now :laugh:

Oyin-eh. I won't reorder anything from them. Unlike some, I HATED the way Juices n Berries smelled (crushed vitamins or something) and it didn't rally do anything for my hair. Dd loved it (completely natural 4a/4b) though. Honey Hemp con was okay, nothing to write home about. Again, this worked fab on dd's hair, just didn't do a whole lot on mine w/o being mixed w/something else. That's all I remember from them.

KBB- love the Milk, Cream, Butter, oil and LL Mask. Have to be careful about the fragrances though. Some smell very synthetic to me.

Qhemet- AOHC is too heavy for me but the ish on dd's hair. Love the gel and Burdock Cream. I made my own Karkady Tea Mist and it worked just as well as theirs. I loved the Sidr Tree Butter and Olive Detangling cream. I'm still holding on to those I guess as mementos.

I like a few things from Shescentit such as the Jojoba Hair Milk, Fortifying Mask, Avocado Cond and Moisture Mist leave in, but I don't think I'll reorder unless there's a sale. I also have the Seyani and Gillian butters, Honey Rinse, Green Tea and Hibiscus Cond. I have other products that are better than all of these.

I've only tried Anita Grants range since those other brands are abroad... I did manage to get some juices and berries on a swap board which I loved - I'm definitely interested in trying more from the range!

Anita grant

Creamy cafe laté - I usually go for the vanilla scent since I hate coffee.. it smells really nice and its like a butter but really light and melts into your hand and hair.. I use it on wet and dry hair and it works wonders

Pomade - I love this for keeping down the frizzies, its like a light vaseline consistancy adds shine and isn't heavy.. Its great for defining twist outs.

Rhassoul Treatment -
Sometimes I like it sometimes I don't.. you have to make the mixture yourself so I guess the results and treatment will vary on consistency and the mixture. worth a try nevertheless.

peppermint shampoo bar-
I love this!!! It smells great hads alot of lather to it, clarifies brilliantly and doesn't strip my hair at all.

The prices are reasonable but the postage can take forever since everthing is handmade

I really want to try Oyin, Karen's and Qhemet but I'm not sure if its worth the postage to the uk either from the states or europe

Just come back from Adornment365 in Brixton who are the UK stockist for Qhemets. Just had to buy the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee as Robin (Afro Detangler) do not ship to the UK no more and my hair is getting longer and, more tangly.

Tried a bit on me head and me likey!:grin:

Looks like I will be going back to restock soon!
:grin:

Lucky's Mom

I'm about to try some new products and I'm leaning towards Karen's Body Beautiful product line for hair. But lately, I've seen people raving about Hairveda, Oyin, Anita Grant, Karen's and Qhemet. Which is your favorite and how does one compare to the others? If you mix and match, which is your favorite product from each line?

Hairveda - Bought the baggy cream in 2007.... also bought the Whipped shealoe....
I liked both - but have not purchased any item since then....

I attempted to purchase the Whipped Baggy Cream couple of months ago- and it was sold out - so that was that for me.

Oyin - The have excellent products. I highly reccomend the condish and Juice & Berries to anyone. Cons - Takes for ever to ship - and I use alot of products... So - I have not purchased in about 18 months.

Anita Grant - Never tried. They are overseas... Don't want to pay for shipping.

Karen's - Never tried.

Qhemet - EXCELLENT products. My biggest saddest day was when the detangler was discontinued. Tragic... I tell ya.

Olive and Amla Cream is one of the best items on earth.

Mix and Match??? I don't have one line of anything, really.

Cassandra1975

Haven't tried Karen's products yet. I used to use Oyin, but I haven't in a long while. I loved the scent of the Juices & Berries. I haven't used Qhemet in a long time either. Love, love, love HairVeda, as you can see by my siggy. :grin: The only thing I use now from Asha's is The Mane Attraction - that is an absolute staple for me. Her rosemary mint spray was not bad. The only thing I order consistently is The Mane Attraction. I emailed them earlier because I need to stock up on it, and I think she is planning to have a sale at the end of this month.

KynniB

Hairveda is great for wash & gos but i loooove KBB. My hair is always super soft and moisturized.

beans4reezy

Hairveda:
The whipped cream ends hydration is a great moisturizer.
The cockasta oil is a staple
The Almond Glaze is hair crack :)

Hydratherma Naturals:
The growth lotion is great; but too pricy for me to use as a staple moisturizer.
The oil was ok; nothing special IMO.
The moisture boosting DC was not good for my hair at all. It made my hair hard and it smelled terrible.

I want to try Oyin or maybe even Qhemet, as my hair seems to favor heavier moisturizers.

chebaby

for me, and i know i keep changing, it would be between oyin and kbb.
why, you ask. well because i am in love with oyin honey hemp, honey wash(now), juices and berries, greg juice, burnt sugar pomade, and my baby daddy whipped pudding. i NEED those products.

i also NEED kbb hair milk, deep conditioner and hair cream. my hair has been on cloud nine since i found oyin and kbb products.

Dommo

Oyin- I love Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner(I will always buy this) and Juices and Berrys spritz.

Qhemet- I love the burdock root butter cream! The gel does nothing for me and the AOHC is too heavy and greasy for my hair and I have very thick hair.

I really want to try Karens hair mask but is it really worth $25 for 8 oz...?

Mimi22

Just come back from Adornment365 in Brixton who are the UK stockist for Qhemets. Just had to buy the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee as Robin (Afro Detangler) do not ship to the UK no more and my hair is getting longer and, more tangly.

Tried a bit on me head and me likey!:grin:

Looks like I will be going back to restock soon!
:grin:

Girl Thank ya! I ran outta my Qhemet and I was thinking how i didnt want mariposa imports ridiculous shipping costs! I'm gonna head down to london soon whhoooooo!! :)

mj11051

Oyin-Honey Hemp Conditionier whipped pudding and BSP

Qhemets Heavy Cream and Olive & Honey Balm.

Hairveda- Vatika Frosting

Karen's Hair Milk and Deep Conditioner

Girl Thank ya! I ran outta my Qhemet and I was thinking how i didnt want mariposa imports ridiculous shipping costs! I'm gonna head down to london soon whhoooooo!! :)

Glad to help. :grin:

Just make sure you ring to check stock before heading down to the salon.

AllieCat0817

I swear I think I am overcoming my PJ addiction problem to the point where I don't feel the need to try every thing someone posts about. Thank God. I feel like I have found some TRUE staples using:
Hairveda: moist condition 24-7 conditioner, amala cream rinse, whipped cream, whipped gelly, sitrinillah (the TRUTH DC!!), whipped clouds I use as lotion especially good on feet, toes, elbows and knees
SheScentIt: GILLIAN BUTTER (omggg-- so moisturizing, light, good smelling and easy rinsing without the need for shampoo even if used daily after cowashing), avocado conditioner-- my hair responds BEST to this after a shampoo
KBB: hair nectar even if I am noticing the smell not lasting as long as it used to in the past
Jasmines: moisture renewal leave in, THE BAR SOAPS ARE AWESOME!, hair and body mist

I use all of these products interchangeably and find that they compliment each other very well. Can't pick a favorite cuz I use em all, daily.

I plan to MAYBE revisit Qhemet (Burdock Root cream, amla olive cream, olive honey hydrating balm, tea gel) and Oyin (juices and berries, honey hemp conditioner) one day.

Edited to add... uh I'm about to place a Darcy's Botanicals order. lol NOT CURED yet I guess:(

Last edited:

redecouvert

my contribution
hairveda: great line but not for me. The cocosta oil is nice but nothing I'll repucharse

KBB: everything. LOl..that's my staple line

Qhemet: can't live without the cocoa tree detangler. I also like AOHC

Anita Grant; whipped hair butter!

extra:
Darcy's Botanicals: my new love....:)

PhonyBaloney500

Oyin--Love Whipped Pudding, Shine & Define, and body products (lip balm, candy bar, and body oil which I guess could also be used on hair)

Hairveda--love the gel product. That's the only thing I would re-purchase. The Vatika Frosting didn't work for me (I think my hair doesn't like coconut oil). The oil was OK. The whipped ends cream thingie was fine (MAYBE would re-order) and the conditioners are OK.

Qhemet-I only tried a little bit of whatever hair cream type stuff a friend gave me. It was too greasy for me.

beans4reezy

Wow, I just went on the Qhemet website to order the heavy cream...they are out of stock on ALL of their moisturizing products??

suburbanbushbabe

My poll pick would be "yes". I use KBB, Qhemet, and Hairveda. I have used Anita Grant and only don't now because of the unfavorable exchange rate. I would also add Afroveda.
I don't get the "if you could only use one line" questions. There are great choices from each line. My favorites

Qhemet - Burdock Root Butter cream, Olive Honey & Hydrating Balm; Honeybush Tea Hair gel is great in summer/high dewpoints when used under a gel or over a creamy styler. Been using the burdock for a couple years. Just started with the OHHB - sweet stuff.

KBB - Hair Nectar or Hair Milk - Hair nectar is more versatile as I can use it on wet or dry hair. Hair Milk is too thick for my dry hair. Both impart wonderful detangling if you add a tsp or so to your hair on top of your regular conditioner. Makes drugstore conditioner feel like the $20 brand. And yes, I rinse out.

Lusicious Locks Hair mask:
I really want to try Karens hair mask but is it really worth $25 for 8 oz...?
I wish it were cheaper, but it melts right into my hair and starts to instantly detangle. I've used it 3 times and have more than half the jar left (I'm heavy handed with conditioners too). I don't use as a deep treat, but as a 5-minute condish in the shower.

Hairveda - Almond Glaze and Whipped Cream. Almond Glaze I use on soaking wet hair right over conditioner, before I rinse with cold water. This leaves a film of the Glaze on my hair working its magic under my leave in/styler/gel. Whipped cream - Roller sets, hydrate dry hair on day 2, twists & curls.
Afroveda - Curly pudding and Moringa leave in. I just started using these and love the CP for a summer W&G. The moringa leave in I use as a day 2 refresher (1/2-1 tsp scrunched into dry ends). It says you can use on wet hair, but my wet hair likes something a little thicker.

There is some usage overlap here - Natural greases: Almond Glaze (heavy) and Olive Honey & Hydrating balm (medium) & Burdock Cream (light/creamy). Almond Glaze is the only one too greasy to use on my dry hair. Dry hair leave-ins: Moringa leave in (light) and Whipped Cream (waxier);

Anita Grant - great shampoo bar, rhassoul cubes. I want some blue malva herbs for my gray hair. I found an American made soap bar to wash my hair that I am in love with - Theraneem Maximum Strength Neem (20% neem) scented with Ylang Ylang and Sweet Orange. Neem is stinky, this bar is not. Made by Organix South. I also use their Neem and Aloe Vera gel. Instead of rhassoul I use my own rhassoul clay mix as a DT - very easy to mix.

I'm not a fan of Oyin because I'm not into their fragrances. Orange doesn't do it for me.Also Shine and Define as a bust on my hair. Lots of naturals rave on their products though.

Last edited:

chebaby

which ever one of these lines you choose mae sure you invest in a bottle of oin honey hemp conditioner. it is the most amazing conditioner. i truely cannot get enough of it.
of course i am still in love with kbb.

my new love is afroveda. i love the curl custard, pur whipped cream, cocolatte mask and ashlii amala conditioner. im ordering more but i really love these products.

varaneka

I choose Hairveda even though I haven't tried any of those brands because a friend at church recommended it to me, and she's big on natural haircare.

I LOVE Brendita's Body Works, though. www.BrenditasBodyWorks.com

Her stuff is awesome!