Half-Wig Wearers...Fit Problems???

Luvmylife

Hi Ladies

Any half wig wearers out there having problems with the fit of your wig?

I wear the Outre Quick Weave because I love the styles and they seem to last a little longer than others, but I'm having problems making the wig fit properly. It seems too "baggy" for lack of a better word and I find myself securing the back comb with hairpins to avoid the thing flying off in a gust of wind!
I mean this thing is seriously baggy...I had to put a "hem" in one of them:lachen:

I've tried the drawstring variety (Sennsationel's Shake n' Go) but the quality doesn't seem to be as good:perplexed

Any thoughts? I can't be the only peanut head out there rockin' a half wig!

neenzmj

Finally -- somewhere who shares my pain. I like the Outre line, too, but I stopped trying to wear their half wigs because the cap was WAAYYYY too big. I was on the verge of "hemming" it just to get it to fit as well.

Luvmylife

:arrowup: Okay, now I feel a little better. I thought it was just me and I had an abnormal sized head or something:look: They're not being stretched out of shape either...they come out the bag extra large.

So do you still wear yours? If so, how did you make it work?

nycutiepie

I wear my half-wigs with headbands. I sometimes use the headbands that go all the way around and have black elastic/stretchy in the back. I take the elastic band in the back and slip them over the wig and that holds it in place.

neenzmj

:arrowup: Okay, now I feel a little better. I thought it was just me and I had an abnormal sized head or something:look: They're not being stretched out of shape either...they come out the bag extra large.

So do you still wear yours? If so, how did you make it work?

No, I got frustrated and gave up. I posted a similar question as yours a couple of times, but I think I got the suggestion about trying Sensationnel or trying one of those phony ponies that can double as a half wig. Have you ever tried those?

ajoyfuljoy

I LOVE half-wigs and I have issues with the fit too! Sometimes it fits just right and a lot of times it is too small.

Before I put it on I wrap my hair and put on a wig cap. If it is too small I just secure the bottom hair clip higher up in my head. Works for me.

I just bought a wig that is a little too big in the cap area but it has those little bra strap things that adjust the size. It's cute but I shole do luv my half-wigs. They're so easy to put on and they really help me to switch up my look!

Luvmylife

No, I got frustrated and gave up. I posted a similar question as yours a couple of times, but I think I got the suggestion about trying Sensationnel or trying one of those phony ponies that can double as a half wig. Have you ever tried those?

Yeah:ohwell:they sat really weird on my head and gave me a headache. Anything that is tight enough to do that may be causing some damage:nono: I tried adjusting it to a looser state, but it looked even more strange. I think those things are truly meant to be worn as ponytails.

The hair quality wasn't all that great either. I got about a week of consistent wear out of it before I had to throw it away. That's even with constant brushing out with a wig brush and trimming ratty ends!

Luvmylife

I LOVE half-wigs and I have issues with the fit too! Sometimes it fits just right and a lot of times it is too small.

Before I put it on I wrap my hair and put on a wig cap. If it is too small I just secure the bottom hair clip higher up in my head. Works for me.

I just bought a wig that is a little too big in the cap area but it has those little bra strap things that adjust the size. It's cute but I shole do luv my half-wigs. They're so easy to put on and they really help me to switch up my look!

Now THAT sounds promising...do you know what brand has that feature? How was the hair quality?

Luvmylife

I wear my half-wigs with headbands. I sometimes use the headbands that go all the way around and have black elastic/stretchy in the back. I take the elastic band in the back and slip them over the wig and that holds it in place.

Thanks nycutiepie! Do you know what brand of headbands have that elastic band in the back?

PecanCandy

I absolutely love my half wigs...I'm partial to the ones that have the combs...I try to switch up where I place the combs to prevent any breakage issues. I mostly wear headbands with them when I'm in the final leg of my stretch (wk 12 and beyond). Also, I use one hair pin on each side of my head to secure my half wigs.

Determined22

That's what I do too. I have a big head and it still feels "baggy" on my head.

motherx2esq

Finally -- somewhere who shares my pain. I like the Outre line, too, but I stopped trying to wear their half wigs because the cap was WAAYYYY too big. I was on the verge of "hemming" it just to get it to fit as well.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I bought a full cap one and I felt like my head was way too small!

Luvmylife

Thanks for the response!

:ohwell:I went and looked...they don't have my color:rolleyes:

But I'm gonna look around and see what else I can find, Hairsisters always has something for me to spend money on!

Luvmylife

Also, how are you ladies making these things blend?

I'm currently air drying and flatironing the roots of the hair that's left out, but I'd like to let go of the heat...suggestions?

crlsweetie912

My outre quick weaves have a little elastic strap that kind of looks like a bra strap that can be adjusted. I just got two in the mail yesterday. How long has it been since you purchased an outre? I think the Freetress brand has this strap too.

I love these things!

crlsweetie912

I'm currently air drying and flatironing the roots of the hair that's left out, but I'd like to let go of the heat...suggestions?
I rollerset mine. Depending on the style of the hair that I am trying to match. I have a pic in my siggy. That's an outre "gladys" is the style.

Luvmylife

My outre quick weaves have a little elastic strap that kind of looks like a bra strap that can be adjusted. I just got two in the mail yesterday. How long has it been since you purchased an outre? I think the Freetress brand has this strap too.

I love these things!

Word??

I just bought two about a month ago from a BSS while up in the Chi...hmmm, maybe those were older ones?

I also bought two from Hairsisters.com in January and neither of those had them either...off to research! Thanks!

Luvmylife

I rollerset mine. Depending on the style of the hair that I am trying to match. I have a pic in my siggy. That's an outre "gladys" is the style.

Very pretty!:yep: I think I'm going to try to find some wigs in more textured styles instead of trying to make my natural 4ab hair blend with some ol' straight barbie doll hair...lol!

Thanks a bunch!:grin:

crlsweetie912

Very pretty!:yep: I think I'm going to try to find some wigs in more textured styles instead of trying to make my natural 4ab hair blend with some ol' straight barbie doll hair...lol!

Thanks a bunch!:grin:
Girl, I hardly ever get them straight. The ones I just got are Marsha (outre)

and

Monrovia Girl (freetress)

The first one is going to have to wait until I have a fresh relaxer, but the second one is so lovely. I can't wait to try it out!

I never get the straight ones. Trying to blend would make me:wallbash: The Marsha is my first straight one in a long time!

SelfStyled

I usually wear curly or textured half wigs. Sometimes I will throw a headband over the line of demarcation, so I don't have to do too much blending. My favorite half wig is this one:

Luvmylife

Re: Half-Wig Wearers...Fit Problems??? (Update)

Hey ladies...

I did a little research last weekend and found two 'adjustable' brands of half wigs: Zury...they have the little 'brastap' like adjuster on the inside and the Freetress Shake n' Go which is a 2 in 1 drawstring pony/half wig. I opted for the latter and went with their Vegas Girl and Toronto girl styles.

Ladies, let me tell you, this has made a world of difference! To whoever suggested this brand a heartfelt thank you! :kiss: The quality of the hair is good, dare I say better, than Outre! (A whole week of constant wear and no rattiness or tangleage...are these words? lol) Not to mention IT FITS!!! Even without pulling the drawstring, it fits properly and doesn't just sit on top of your head like Sensationnel's version.

Off to do more research...:sekret: I'll let you know what I find:grin:

neenzmj

Re: Half-Wig Wearers...Fit Problems??? (Update)

Hey ladies...

I did a little research last weekend and found two 'adjustable' brands of half wigs: Zury...they have the little 'brastap' like adjuster on the inside and the Freetress Shake n' Go which is a 2 in 1 drawstring pony/half wig. I opted for the latter and went with their Vegas Girl and Toronto girl styles.

Ladies, let me tell you, this has made a world of difference! To whoever suggested this brand a heartfelt thank you! :kiss: The quality of the hair is good, dare I say better, than Outre! (A whole week of constant wear and no rattiness or tangleage...are these words? lol) Not to mention IT FITS!!! Even without pulling the drawstring, it fits properly and doesn't just sit on top of your head like Sensationnel's version.

Off to do more research...:sekret: I'll let you know what I find:grin:

That's great! Any pics?

NuMe2004

I'm so glad y'all started this thread!!!!

I've been wanting to wear a quick weave/half wig for a minute, just to play around with color and style. I have a big head, so the loose fitting ones will probably work well on my fat head :laugh:!

Thanks for all the 411 :)!