Quick Question For Half-Wig Wearers

newsgrl

Hello Ladies!
Quick question: how long does a human half-wig truly last?
I love my "Brandy" Outre human half wig, but I'm on my second one since April! I washed my first one, and after that, it just didn't seem to look the same. Now, I'm on my second one, and am afraid to wash it because I don't want to mess it up, but it is starting to look "greasy".
Is it normal to go through fake, human hair at such a fast rate? (Oh, I wash it with the shampoo designed for wigs...the name escapes me now, but it is very gentle...)

krissyprissy

I have two Brandy wigs one in 1b and the other is 1b/33. I own a total of 4 human wigs and I wash them after a week of wear with a regular shampoo and detangle with conditioner. They all still look nice, I have own some for a year and they key is to let them air dry before curling them so they dont dry out. I dont wear them all the time and I rotate my wigs too.

Anew

I've had my human hair half wig for about 2 years and it still looks really good

I don't wear it often though b/c its shorter than I'd like, about neck length. I like it though b/c I can curl it, roller set it, wear it straight, etc... I forget who its by

glamazon386

Hello Ladies!
Quick question: how long does a human half-wig truly last?
I love my "Brandy" Outre human half wig, but I'm on my second one since April! I washed my first one, and after that, it just didn't seem to look the same. Now, I'm on my second one, and am afraid to wash it because I don't want to mess it up, but it is starting to look "greasy".
Is it normal to go through fake, human hair at such a fast rate? (Oh, I wash it with the shampoo designed for wigs...the name escapes me now, but it is very gentle...)

They don't last as long as the synthetic ones, IMO. They never look the same after washing. A lot of the human ones thin out too from shedding.

Last edited:

mzsophisticated26

I noticed that with the BSS human hair ones I just use the indian hair I use to wear from sew ins and had someone make me half wigs and they last quite a longtime. I have one made with hair I had for over a year now

*Frisky*

They don't last as long as the synthetic ones, IMO. They never look the same after washing. A lot of the human ones thin out too from shedding.

Totally agree..I would be ticked if I had to keep spending alot of money on a human hair wig that wasn't even lasting 2 months. I have had some of my synthetics for 6 months or more and they are going strong. Some I wear more often than others.

UniquelyDivine

I think you would be better off making your own with a pack of hair from the BSS, my human hair HW only lasted me about 2 months. I'm about to shave that puppy and add my own 20 dollars tracks onto it, I refuse to shell out 40-50 dollars each time! BTW they have great tutorials on YT if you decide to go that route. Good Luck!!