Hands Down, The Best Detangler. Spill The Details

CodeRed

Just Natural Skincare Detangler - all natural detangler. The only reason I stopped using it is because of the cost + it can only be bought online and I was in search of something that did just as well on the ground, which leads me to

Ion Leave In Conditioner - best one I found on the ground. Gives me pretty much the same results as JNS (detangling, slip, shine) but JNS gave me shine no matter what conditioner I used prior to. The Ion Leave In gives me shine but if the conditioner I'm using prior to it dulls my hair a bit it won't be as blingy.

Honorable mentions:

- Shea Moisture Kids Spray Detangler - gave great slip but didn't add any shine to my hair
- Aveeno Leave In Treatment - same as Shea Moisture
- Serums - they have been very helpful in the preventing tangles. Glad I started using them but wish I did sooner... The ones I've used (Chi Silk Infusion, GVP Silk Remedy, Biosilk) have all given softness and slip to my hair.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I use Suave Naturals (any scent except strawberry) to detangle. It's cheap and effective. I can fully finger detangle with a handful of this stuff on soaking wet hair. This also prevented me from cutting off an entire cornrow when I was taking down my crochet braids.

I have also been loving SM raw Shea butter leave in detangler. I can skip my leave in and oil after I use this. Nice and slippy on soaking wet hair. Also a good moisturizer on dry hair.

I detangle daily in the shower now since I cowash daily. But I've used both when I was detangling every week or every other week and they worked great.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I detangle once a week on wash day.

LRC Shake and Go :love: :love3::love2: (this is Bae)
- Use as a liquid protein based leave in on wash day
- Ridiculous slip, smoothing, softening, moisturizing
- Use it after rinsing out the DC

SSI Pomegranate Curl Quenching Conditioner
- Use as a rinse out on co-cleanse days
- Great slip, softening, moisturizing
- Use it after rinsing out the co-cleanser

Last edited:

CodeRed

@CodeRed is that the only Just Natural product you've tried ?

I tried their conditioner for extremely dry hair and I believe something else for dry hair... It was a long time ago, before I even joined this board in 2011 and I remember only being impressed with the detangler. The other products weren't bad but they were just average for the price in my opinion.

Naturallyyy0416

Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I big chopped almost 2 yrs then perm it and i recently big chopped again. I am so excited to start this new journey again. Taking it one day at a time and trying different products. I am also an ambassador for a subscription box. They provide natural & handmade hair & skincare products. The good thing is its not monthly its per season so i think you guys should check them out! www.essentialsboxx.com

AgeinATL

ST knot sauce-used it strictly as a detangler before washing my hair. Amazing slip.
Shescentit chocolate pumpkin cowash-use it as a rinse out and it melts my tangles. I can easily finger detangle with it.
SM purification mask (original formula)-used it to detangle before washing or as a cowash. Tangles literally melted.
Curl Junkie smoothing lotion- used it as a leave in. Awesome slip but zero moisture.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Aussie Moist on dry natural/new growth hair.
Grapeseed oil on dry texlaxed hair.
okay ladies, you all have to spill the deal on how you use it, and how often. Dont just drop the goods and leave.

WE WANT the details

I always start with simple finger detangling with no product. I use these two only on wash day on dry, dirty hair. I guess others may consider it a prepoo, but I just consider it detangling with ease.

I divide my hair in quarters, apply the AM on the new growth and massage in. Next I apply the grapeseed on the texlaxed hair. At this point, Ive reached "butter" stage where the comb just glides through for easy detangling/de-shedding.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
On Dry Hair (Pre) in No Particular Order:
Naturelle Grow's Pre-Poo Rx
EVCO
SM's Purification
Treasured Locks Detangler Knot No More
Bekura Whiskey-Vanilla Repairative Soak
SSI's Coconut Sorbet
Honey Handmades Knot Going Bananas

After DC'ing before drying in No Particular Order:
Afroveda's Moringa & Ginseng Detangler
Naturelle Grow's Ginger Peach Detangler
Qhemet Biologics Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
BBD Stretch Crème
LRC Shake & Go

Refresher Detanglers in no Particular Order:
SSI's Coco Crème
Siamese Twists Strawberry Coils *discontinued*
Hydratherma Naturals Protein Leave-In
Naturally Smitten Tangle Free Pudding
ST'icals Knot Sauce

Interested to see what others are using.:scratchchin:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
When KoilsbyNature Shealoe leave in conditioner was in a jar, it was the bidness for detangling, dry/wet/damp hair. I havent revisiting since she changed bottles. I heard on the PJ streets the formula changed

I use Soultanicals Knot Sauce on dry or damp hair. Sometimes I break out the detangling brush if its bad but mostly use my fingers.

I'm also a fan of oil topped with any deep conditioner. I let it marinate and then finger detangle.

Qhemet Biologics CTDG is a favorite of mine to dry detangle with.