Hard Water revisted

HairBarbie

So I went shopping for a shower filter, but couldn't find one. So I got a semi-cheap tap water filter. Will the water be decent for my hair if I use filtered tap water to wash it? Or do I need a real shower filter? The water in my area is really hard and my hair is just dry dry dry. Keep in mind that I've already spent way to much money on this hair journey. GRRRR!!!!

LongiLox

Bumping for more replies! Any other ladies have issues with hard water? What did you do to solve this problem?

Noir

Yea, Honey Dew beat me to it but shower filters are not used for hard water. They are used for removing chlorine.

You would need to buy a water softener to treat the hard water.

titan

That is the consensus, I want to know how that iwater shower head works. For now I have use claryifing shampoo once in a while, to remove all those minerals.

scarcity21

Yea, Honey Dew beat me to it but shower filters are not used for hard water. They are used for removing chlorine.

You would need to buy a water softener to treat the hard water.
Does the iwater remove chlorine or just minerals?

scarcity21

nevermnd, just went to the website...it does, it filters and purifies...ordering:yep:

ETA: not so fast...lol...after reading Honeydew's post, it seems that it doesnt do a great job purifying...so i might just end up with a filter and use my Kenra chelating poo when i feel the need to remove mineral buildup...what do u experienced ladies think?

Last edited: