I hate Johnathan Product Shower Filter (vent)

dicapr

I saw the episode of Blow Out where Johnathan designs a water softening system. It seemed like a good idea, because most shower filters only have one step filtrations systems. This one has a two step charcole system like the ones you use for your kitchen sink. The filter does soften my hard water. The problem is that it is nearly impossible to fit the screw on filter without gaps in the filter. So half of the water in the shower is being filtered and the other half isn't. I have had the system for 1 year, done 4 filter changes, and only 2 of them have been satisfactory. I'm about the throw away the $98 system due to pure frustration. The latest filter didn't work at all and all the charcole spilled into my tub after 2 days! I could send the filter back, but there is only a 50/50 chance the replacement will work and fit right. I think I'm back to bottled water for washing my hair. By by dailiy CW.:mad:

Lotus

dicapr said:
I saw the episode of Blow Out where Johnathan designs a water softening system. It seemed like a good idea, because most shower filters only have one step filtrations systems. This one has a two step charcole system like the ones you use for your kitchen sink. The filter does soften my hard water. The problem is that it is nearly impossible to fit the screw on filter without gaps in the filter. So half of the water in the shower is being filtered and the other half isn't. I have had the system for 1 year, done 4 filter changes, and only 2 of them have been satisfactory. I'm about the throw away the $98 system due to pure frustration. The latest filter didn't work at all and all the charcole spilled into my tub after 2 days! I could send the filter back, but there is only a 50/50 chance the replacement will work and fit right. I think I'm back to bottled water for washing my hair. By by dailiy CW.:mad:

I searched for a picture of the system, couldnt find. Please post a link.

Question: Have you tried to use plumber's tape pr a plastic/rubber ring to fill in the gap(s)?

dicapr

The shower part isn't leaking, its the screw on filter that attatches to the bottom of the shower head. So the connection between the filter system and the shower head leaks-if that makes sense. I have taped the actual shower head and that has no leaks. I will try wrapping the filter with plumbers tape. I don't think I'll be reordering anymore thought.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Girl get this baby right here:
http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com/shower-filters.html

I can't say enough about it, it has a long lasting filter, I got it last spring and haven't changed the filter yet. The water pressure stays nice and me and my hair can tell the difference when we go away from home. Just have some of that white tape available to help it. But I haven't had any probs with it and it's the 3rd one that I've tried.

sareca

Sorry about your filter, but thanks for posting the link to that site. I don't really have allergies anymore, but they have a lot of other cool stuff. I've been looking for a dawn simulator forever. Don't know if I want to pay $100 for it tho. :perplexed