Has any tried Shamboosie tech. using dudleys

Dionne

I know everyone was using the Nexxus to try his regime but has anyone thought of using Dudleys products instead. Just a thought.

Dionne

He wrote a book and his technique was in it. I don't have the book but alot of ladies tried his technique but I think all of them used Nexxus products.

pebbles

Hi Dionne,

To tell you the truth, I think that Shamboosie's technique should work with any quality products. Dudley has an excellent line of products. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dionne

You're right, anything of good quality would work. My sisters model for dudleys now so hopefully I can get her to get some stuff for me to save some money.

Kitkat

Hi Dionne. I have used his technique using Dudley products also. I had to give up on the Nexxus Humectress because it left my hair very hard. The technique works well with Dudley products but, like Pebbles said, it will work well with any good product. I also follow his technique using Motions products.

Julia

Pebbles,

can you provide a synopsis of what the Shamboosie technique is?

thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NayNay

Shamboosie suggests using products such as Dudley Creme Press oil, Nexxus Humetress, lye relaxers, and dudley Vitamin A&D hair oil. He believes in oiling the scalp and using a little bit of oil products. He also swears by Humetress and suggests using one line of products since the shampoo & conditioner are designed to work well together. He also believes in using heat on the hair (curling irons, hair dryers) with some type of thermal protection. When I had hair LOL I used some of the Dudley's products but they are too heavy for my hair. My hair can take oil but just a little made my hair oily. I now can tell the difference between moisture & oil. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Their products have mineral oil, but they are good just not the best for me! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

pebbles

Hi Julia,

I sure can. Shamboosie's method is a 24 month hair growth program for women with chemically relaxed hair. He estimates that at the end of this time period, you should gain between 10-12 inches of new growth in addition to what you already have on your head.
- If you have a no-lye relaxer, you must switch to a lye relaxer. He recommends having this done at a professional salon. Use a conditioning lye relaxer only.
-A retouch should be applied to the new growth only.
-The retouch must be done every 6-8 weeks.
-Trim hair as needed every 6-8 weeks at the time of the retouch.
-Before the 24 month timetable , shampoo and condition every 4 days for the first 4-6 weeks prior to starting this timetable. This is to prepare your hair for the program.
-During the 24 month timetable, shampoo and condition the hair once a week minimum, done on the same day if posible, and do not skip a week. the more conditioning you give to your hair, the better.
-Recommends a protein treatment every 4 weeks.
-Apply setting lotion every time before drying the hair.

He recommends Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo, Nexxus Humectress Creme Moisturizing Conditioner, Nexxus Keraphix Cream Reconstructor Contioner for stressed hair, and Dudley's cream press hairdressing for when you are curling your hair with heat.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif