Has anyone ever used....

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
...Hair Color Removers? If so, what was your experience?

I read this note about Loreal Haircolor Remover Kit: Since permanent hair coloring lightens hair during the coloring process, removal of artificial coloring will not restore your hair to its original, natural shade.

What if you dont want to re-tint or re-color your hair? Can hair color removers make your hair thinner and/or more prone to break off???
confused.gif

In March, I colored my black hair to brown and want my natural hair color back and I really dont want to re-color it with a black color. What would be the best option:

1. Use a hair color remover...
OR
2. Re-color it?

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
What's in the hair color remover?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ingredients:
Powder: Sodium Persulfate, Potassium Persulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Strontium Dioxide, Sodium Metasilicate, Ammonium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, EDTA, Ultramarine Blue. Puroxide: Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate. F.I.L. D1604/2.

I have used it Uncolor (liquid) to remove a rinse before, it is VERY gentle
smile.gif
Please don't try to lift a permenant color it WILL damage your hair severly.. Speaking from past experience
smile.gif

I say apply a rinse for now and grow it out if you don't like it
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
I have used it Uncolor (liquid) to remove a rinse before, it is VERY gentle
smile.gif
Please don't try to lift a permenant color it WILL damage your hair severly.. Speaking from past experience
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So r u saying I should just grow my hair color out? Should I re-apply a natural black hair color over it?

Hmmm.. If you mix rinses correctly you can get hair black
smile.gif
What color did you dye your hair?? Is it blonde?? You need to mix a red rinse (base) with a black rinse WOLA....

Personally, I would just grow it out. If you can't live with it brown, then do a rinse.
You might also ask Tracy, the color expert, about how to proceed with minimal or no damage.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Hmmm.. If you mix rinses correctly you can get hair black
smile.gif
What color did you dye your hair?? Is it blonde?? You need to mix a red rinse (base) with a black rinse WOLA....

[/ QUOTE ]

Its brown. I dont like it because it makes my hair dry. I think it was because I colored it with Loreal Feria and it might have been too strong on my hair.
ohwell.gif

Aww, its dry
frown.gif
What conditioners have you been using? My hair always feels silky, and I have color too. I will bump Tracy's bootcamp thread, there she recommends various products. Do you deep condition weekly.
EDT: Rinses are harmless

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Aww, its dry
frown.gif
What conditioners have you been using? My hair always feels silky, and I have color too. I will bump Tracy's bootcamp thread, there she recommends various products. Do you deep condition weekly.
EDT: Rinses are harmless

[/ QUOTE ]

what do u do or put in your hair to make it silky??

I've never really used a conditioner until i joined this forum back in April. The only conditioner I have is Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. BTW, I've already read that whole thread about Bootcamp for Colored Girls to Consider.
laugh.gif
Doing a protein treatment helped, I guess I should stick to some of the things Tracy said.
wink.gif
But what is a good conditioner for colored hair???

Girl.. Im about to pm you.. You need to get some reconstructors in your life, being a colored girl and all
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Girl.. Im about to pm you.. You need to get some reconstructors in your life, being a colored girl and all
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never used much products on my hair. Before joining the forum, all I used was grease, shampoo, and relaxer...no moisturizers, conditioner (sometimes after a relaxer), nor any other types of treatments!
shocked.gif
I would greatly appreciate your PM.
smile.gif

Back