Has anyone heard of a new product called ReGro?

WomanlyCharm

I saw an ad for it in the newest Essense. It claims to be the first hair regrowthproduct specifically designed for Black women. It contains 2% minoxidil...an FDA approved ingredient to grow hair.
The ad even promises to "grow your hair back in 90 days guaranteed."

It has a pretty good website: www.empresshaircare.com
It can't be any worse than neosporin, right? :lachen::grin:

bluediamond0829

its not that new its been around for awhile....i tried it but it was kind of expensive back then...but i heard it has had tremendous results...but only saw the ad results...

Radianthealth

Know the Facts

• Can anyone use Re-Gro 2% Minoxidil for women?
    Adult women at least 18 years of age who are experiencing gradual thinning and hair loss.</SPAN>
  • Can I continue to relax or use hair color while using Re-Gro 2% Minoxidil for women?
    Yes!
  • Can I continue to use my regular styling aids while using Re-Gro 2% Minoxidil for women?
    Yes! You won't have to change your normal styling routine.
  • How soon can I expect results?
    It took a long time for you to lose your hair and it won't grow back overnight. Some women see results in 6-8 weeks. However, continued use 2 times a day for several months is usually needed before new hair growth begins.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product Info:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Minoxidil is clincally proven to help regrow hair and stop hair loss. It is designed for women who have general thinning of the hair on the top of the scalp, and is not intended to treat hair loss in the front of the scalp (receeding hair line). This is a 2% minoxidil solution, which is the maximum recommended for use by women.[/FONT]

Armyqt

I would be leary against anything purported to grow "black women's hair". I mean wtf?? We are all ppl.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
They've been advertising this product on the black radio stations..I wonder if it works?

vickid

It's pretty much the same thing as Women's Rogaine (2%). The downside of ever starting to use any strength of minoxidil is that you must use it for life or risk massive shedding.

zailless

The one thing I know about minoxidil is once you start it, no matter what formulation it is in, you have to continue or face the risk of losing what you grew with it in the first place. I would love to use it on my edges but everytime i search on this product thats the side effect that comes along with it.

balisi

I have heard of this product. The fact that it contains Minoxidil notwithstanding, I'm dubious about any "growth" product that includes "gro" in the name. "Gro" is a made-up word, which means to me that the claims are made up as well. This goes for doo-gro, and a few other brands as well.

Seeking8Rights

I actually have about 3 bottles of this stuff (i have been using this stuff since 2000 fo) in my cabinet and I can say that it does work. I used the ReGro oil root stimulator on my temples that thin out during time of high stress (not that often in a while) and it grows my hair back FAST! Like I am not kidding! There was one point in time where after a relaxer, my temples were like bald, I was calling my mom asking her hair line started to reced because mine was starting too, come to find out it was breakage that lead to baldness. I also was using it as a moisturizer back when I was at eyelob length.

Let me see if I can grab a picture hold on...

I don't know if you could see it but its the empty spot on the right side. My temples (either side) use to thin out during times of high stress and ReGro is honestly the only topical where I would see result in a months time. I haven't had this problem in a while, the picture was around May of 06, but I still get paranoid sometimes and will dab a little on my temples just to be on the safe side. And, I'm sorry (no I'm not) but I have never had any shedding or ill effects when stop using the stuff. I rarely use it now, because it has mineral oil in it and like I said I'll put a dab on my temples every now and again, but I know that I don't nearly use it as much as 3 years ago and I haven't had any adverse effects (as you can see).

I tell you what, if I EVA, EVA EVA have a freak accident and end up like Fire Marshall Bill, I know I can count on Regro to turn me into chia pet. And that's really talk!

Attachments

• 05300002.jpg
    05300002.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 71

shoediva2006

Keclee23,
I tell you what, if I EVA, EVA EVA have a freak accident and end up like Fire Marshall Bill, I know I can count on Regro to turn me into chia pet. And that's really talk!
Girl your crazy. :lachen:

Your hair looks so good. Thanks for the info and sharing your pics. I can't wait to try it.

alive

It's pretty much the same thing as Women's Rogaine (2%). The downside of ever starting to use any strength of minoxidil is that you must use it for life or risk massive shedding.

I was going to say the same thing. I think that's the same active ingredient in rogaine so if rogaine is cheaper, it might make sense to try that first. I've also heard that minoxidil is one of those "once you start, you cant stop" products--unfortunately

Blue_Berry

I tried one of their greases on my scalp in the past. It did nothing to make my hair grow. Plus, the ingredients a not that good either. The only thing I can say nice about it is that it smells good.