Has Anyone Tried "Carol's Daughter" Products?

audacious

Has Anyone Tried \"Carol\'s Daughter\" Products?

Hi, I'm a new member here, and I was wondering had any of you heard of or tried any products from the Carol's Daughter line? I was referenced to the site (www.carolsdaughter.com) and found that the founder produces her things from all natural ingredients and promotes healthy, growing hair, so I went ahead and ordered the catalog.

I'm hoping to find a product that will enable me to wear my hair naturally, because I'm going off to college next year, and I can't do hair.
frown.gif
I've been getting it pressed my whole life, and there's too much for me to do myself! I believe it's between a type 2B-2C in its natural state, and it's between my mid-back and waist when straight. I'm looking products that will let me wear it naturally without it looking so messy and dry, but will also help my hair maintain it's sheen and healthy state if I decide to get it pressed and flat ironed

Any help?

Re: Has Anyone Tried \"Carol\'s Daughter\" Products?

I've used CD products for over a year now & love them. She says her products are for all textures of hair, not just afro-type. I use the Hair Milk, Healthy Hair Butter & Mimosa Hair Honey. Now, the Hair Milk & Hair Butter have a very NATURAL scent that some people can't tolerate. It depends on if you have a very sensitive nose or not, I guess. The smell doesn't bother me. The Hair Honey has a pleasent scent. The Butter is very thick & may be too heavy for people with fine hair. The Milk is more of a lotion consistency. The Honey is a thick pomade which should be used sparingly. I've also used some of the oils (the Khoret Amen, I think) but have found other, cheaper oils that I like better. I've also used the Khoret Amen shampoo (very strong smell & rather clarifying) & recently ordered the ylang-ylang/frankincense shampoo (can't review that one yet). For the most part, I've been very pleased. But the Milk, Butter & Honey are products I use regularly; they've helped keep the moisture in my hair whereas products with petroleum oil or mineral oil tend to make my hair dry & hard.

Thanks, but what do you mean by "natural" scent? he advertised her things smell good; do the stink? Or are they really strong?

To me, they don't stink, but I've heard from some people who say the scent is just too strong. It depends on the person. The Milk has a lemongrass smell, which bothers some. I guess it depends on how sensitive your nose is.

Welcome! I use the Healthy Hair Butter almost daily(wet or damp hair is absolute must before using this). It makes my hair very soft and shiney. I've been having good luck with this lately over Sabastion's Wet. I also have the Mimosa Hair Honey. I didn't like the Hair Milk. If you decide to try the Butter start with soaking wet hair(do not comb out...finger comb), then a creamy leave in or use a little moiturizing conditioner (mix either one with a little oil of your choice). Follow this with Sebastion's Wet(I rub it in my hands first then smooth it down my hair in 4 sections between the palms instead of scrunching) Then I follow this with lots of Hair Butter. I then gently twists sections of hair randomly then squeeze each section firmly with a towel to remove excess water. The sections aren't tightly wound but I don't want them to be. It looks like you have dreads when you are done...but it dries beautifully(fat spiral wavy curls). When dry fluff and go. I've been doing this all week with great success. It' sounds like a lot but it isn't really.

Back