Has Anyone Tried Silk Elements Products From Sally's Beauty?

Blue_Berry

I always see Silk Elements products for years in Sally's and never in my mind wanted to pick it. However, I might want to give it a try.

They are affordable in pricing and sometimes can be on sale. This could be a good thing, but I get concerned that the ingredients aren't great since it's affordable.

Has any tried these products? What was your experience with the Silk Elements line? What products did you try?

ms.blue

Their olive oil heat protection spray is too oily and I believe I only used the hair mayonnaise (not exactly sure of the name of the product) once which I didn't care for either. It left little twigs and bits of leaves in my hair.

acapnleo

I love their hair color kits. Everything else was ok, in my opinion. Ymmv. :)

I've tried:
Coloring kits
Relaxer
Heat protectant (including Olive oil version)
Curl defining mousse

TeeMBL

Lurker
Mega moisture treatment is my fav (its my staple DC), but I only buy it when its BOGO because I think it's $14 for a small container. I've also used the moisturizing shampoo, and scalp treatment. Overall I've really liked all the products I've tried.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I used to use the olive oil mega silk moisturizing treatment. I dont know if the formula changed recently but it wasn't as moisturizing for me last time i used it a few months ago.

AgeinATL

When I was relaxed, I loved their relaxer. I also used their mega cholesterol, it was decent. I loved their Silken Child moisturizer (from their children's line) until they reformulated it.

Last edited:

Evolving78

So should I believe you or my lying eyes lol? It reads moisturizing treatment on the green one as well sis.
Please believe me! It's like a balancing treatment/mask sort of thing. When you see words like strengthening, reconstructor, correct, rebuild, etc, it is a protein treatment. It has protein in the list of ingredients. The mega moisture one in the tan has no protein in it! I used it to recover for protein overload.
So your hair might have needed that protein before when you used it, but not so much now. Just on an as needed basis. I had major protein overload in 2012. So no product change.
Like I can't use the coconut styling products. Has protein and coconuts in them. Caused dryness.

Dee-Licious

back in my relaxed days when my hair was banging... I used the brown top products.
I'm not quite sure why I got away from them.

@MileHighDiva I have a sew-in... I'm going to get that scalp pre-cleanse treatment today for my wash day. Thanks! hadn't even heard of it before

I should have known my Sally's wouldn't have it. I called to where they carry more of our products, and they have it. I'll pick it up today to wash tonight/tomorrow.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Are you natural? Do you use it with straightening? Or do you just love it and it's good for prepping hair for flexirod sets and all?

I'm relaxed. Saw it years ago on Babilon K's channel. She raved about it. I've used it and loved it for deep conditioning. It has some protein. It leaves my hair soft and stronger. I've repurchased.

PJaye

The Pure Oils by Silk Elements Masque is pretty decent; it's also moisturizing and inexpensive.