Has Anyone Tried These Products? (true By Made Beautiful)

Anaisin

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Too bad I didn't know about this line yesterday while I was in Sally.

Watched the Videos. Thanks @Anaisin for posting those.

Will wait to see what the Ladies of LHCF says before making a purchase.

So, please come back and give a review. I love the fact that a lot of them are 13oz's.

Thanks Ladies!

gorgeoushair

I know there are some reviews out there and some folks in the fb group I am in. I am hoping this line become a staple cause the price isn't bad and they're on the ground although I haven't tried it yet. Surprise this.line hasn't already been posted on here.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I rode past Sally today on my Lunch Hour and was tempted to run in there & snatch up some, but I resisted. :eek: *Yeah I know*:look:

I kept looking over there but drove on.:auto:

The Leave-In seems to get the best reviews. So, I do want to try it at some point.

Anaisin

I saw them at Sally's when I was in Virginia for the holiday....but since they had no 4A labeling on any of the products, it made me skeptical.
They have 3c then 4b/c as if they believe 4A doesn't exist or is similar enough to 3C or 4b/c not to be included.

Hair type is just the size of the curl. I don't see how it matters

naturalmanenyc

Hair type is just the size of the curl. I don't see how it matters

You're mistaken and it matters to me. My hair type is 4a and is more fragile than Type 3 and has a defined curl pattern (unlike 4b). Type 4a hair has fewer cuticle layers than other hair types which means my hair has less natural protection from damage. This line didn't even consider my hair type so I won't be trying it.

Last edited:

Rain20

I heard that as well. I was looking for a light butter so I tried it. I wanted to like these products. The deep conditioner worked well in henna to make a henna gloss. I may use the butter to prepoo until I get rid of it. The smell is nice but a bit exaggerated in some of the sponsored videos. Sorry for me so far.

But usually my hair hates everything that's a hit on here. So try it. I wish they had trial sizes.

Rain20

@Aggie I was just giving my opinion. I hope I didn't discourage you from trying it. Don't go crazy like I did and buy everything. Just try the leave in to start. They were out of the leave in initially but I just bought it. I have crochet braids in for a couple of more weeks. I will leave a review once I try it.

PJaye

I took advantage of their $5 BF sale and purchased every product in the line except the Quench Curl Refresher Spray, which didn't interest me since it was nothing but mostly water, glycerin and fragrance. The only product I've sampled thus far is the Cowash Cleansing Conditioner. This has a very slippery, ORS Replenishing-like consistency; the kind of texture that gives the impression that it will offer a decent amount of slip. As a result, detangling went well - although the comb didn't glide easily through my hair, I was able to thoroughly detangle without much difficulty. This cleanser does produce a hefty lather, which didn't detract from its slippery-ness or impede upon the detangling process. Upon rinsing, my hair did feel somewhat stripped. However, it was not the kind of stripped that a clarifying shampoo would produce, but rather a well cleansed, not really moisturizing, ain't no product left behind kind of stripped. This is not something I desire in a cleanser since I rarely get product build up (I prefer a mild cleanser that will leave my hair soft and moisturized). Still, given its price point, availability, ingredient list and performance, it's a pretty decent product.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye

As always, Excellent Review. :yep:

Had the Cleansing in my Hand, glad I didn't get it. I agree with you, I don't like my cleansing conditioners to lather.

Have you tried the Leave-In yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

PJaye

@PJaye

As always, Excellent Review. :yep:

Had the Cleansing in my Hand, glad I didn't get it. I agree with you, I don't like my cleansing conditioners to lather.

Have you tried the Leave-In yet? If so, what are your thoughts?

Actually, I don't mind if a cleansing conditioner produces lather, I just don't want it to strip all of the life out of my hair...or worse, turn it into a hard, rough mess. I haven't tried the leave-in conditioner yet because it contains keratin and I like to monitor my protein intake. Since I typically avoid finishing products that contain proteins other than silk, this experience should be interesting.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Actually, I don't mind if a cleansing conditioner produces lather, I just don't want it to strip all of the life out of my hair...or worse, turn it into a hard, rough mess. I haven't tried the leave-in conditioner yet because it contains keratin and I like to monitor my protein intake. Since I typically avoid finishing products that contain proteins other than silk, this experience should be interesting.

@PJaye

Thanks for the clarification on the Cleansing, but I personally, don't care for lathering Cleansing Conditioners with the exception of As I Am's Cleansing Pudding, which I consider a Shampoo.

Agreed about the Keratin in a Finishing Product.

I have SNBE's Keratin Leave-In that I use in moderation even though I absolutely love the texture of the product. I have to remind myself of the Keratin.

PJaye

@PJaye

Thanks for the clarification on the Cleansing, but I personally, don't care for lathering Cleansing Conditioners with the exception of As I Am's Cleansing Pudding, which I consider a Shampoo.

Agreed about the Keratin in a Finishing Product.

I have SNBE's Keratin Leave-In that I use in moderation even though I absolutely love the texture of the product. I have to remind myself of the Keratin.

It's been difficult for me to find a decent cleanser since they reformulated the Elasta QP Shampoo (yes, I've been scrambling for that long). For me, most cleansing conditioners are cleaning things a bit too well, or they just suck straight out of the gate. And, to have a thick, conditioner-like consistency, they are rarely moisturizing. The best I've come across is Eden, but it has keratin in it, so I have to use it infrequently.

Yep. That keratin will sneak up on you and blast you into protein overload, especially when its nicely moisturizing and softening. The SSI Okra caused me to go into protein overload. I was using it twice a month for several months while relishing in its goody goodness, then bam! Straw (and not the good straw either, but the rough, cheap stuff that's on sale at 3 for $5).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For me, most cleansing conditioners are cleaning things a bit too well, or they just suck straight out of the gate. And, to have a thick, conditioner-like consistency, they are rarely moisturizing. The best I've come across is Eden, but it has keratin in it, so I have to use it infrequently. Yep. That keratin will sneak up on you and blast you into protein overload, especially when its nicely moisturizing and softening. The SSI Okra caused me to go into protein overload. I was using it twice a month for several months while relishing in its goody goodness, then bam! Straw (and not the good straw either, but the rough, cheap stuff that's on sale at 3 for $5).

@PJaye

:goodpost:......:thankyou:

Aggie

@Aggie I was just giving my opinion. I hope I didn't discourage you from trying it. Don't go crazy like I did and buy everything. Just try the leave in to start. They were out of the leave in initially but I just bought it. I have crochet braids in for a couple of more weeks. I will leave a review once I try it.
No no, you didn't discourage me but your review did help in my decision to not buy this line of products. I have enough leave ins for now. When I want really something, I get it no matter what the noise is in the market.

I do however, love a lotta slip in my comditioners and I like my butters to offer moisture and some slippery lubrication as well.

Last edited: