has anyone tried this?

godzooki

I know some of you use a heat cap for hot oils and I normally use one of those sally gold foil heat caps for mine. well, I was thinking. hair seems to absorb things easier when the cuticles open so why can't that apply to my moisturizing sessions? I tried it today when I used my ors carrot oil mix (I combined it with a blend of coconut oil, jojoba,castor oil and rosemary) and my profectiv root health which I used on my newgrowth only. I did some bantu knots with each section I moisturized then put my heat cap on for just an hour. I took it down and wow! I had shiny soft well moisturized waves! I'm not going to sleep in my heat cap but it seems great for a quick moisturizing with heat treatment with something besides olive oil. let me know what you think or if any of you already do this.

UmSumayyah

this is something you do post shampoo, or everyday? I am not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm having a dull moment...

godzooki

I try to moisturize everyday but I do a deep moisturize where I basically really slather it on to soak in during the night like2-3 times a week. I dont rinse it out cause by morning it's aborbed and soft. seems to work really good if I top it off with S-curl. I don't mean like a hot oil treatment but with my daily moisturizers (or in my case nightly, cause I usually try to leave it alone during the day). oh, by the way, the waves didnt last long! I already have it back in my usual side twists!

daviine

Did you do this on dry hair godzooki?

Just wondering because I plan on trying to recreate a steam treatment. I usually wash my hair on Tuesdays but since I have a lot of things to do I plan on doing the following:

I plan on spraying my hair til slightly damp and then applying either a light oil or one of the moisturizers I have here. (This is the way I moisturize my hair everyday anyway). I'm going to put a plastic cap on and sit under the heating cap while I work. I don't know what the results will be but I hope they're great.

godzooki

I am soo sorry it took me so long to answer this post Davine. I have not been on here for a few days! I used a spray bottle of water to dampen my hair before I used my moisturizers. seems to come out way softer this way and I am now doing it everytime I moisturize. I spritzed until damp last night and used she butter, and topped it off with a light spritz of s-curl. I find it's easier to use the s-curl on my ends by spraying directly into my hands and then massaging it into my ends. gets more concentrated and way way less mess on the walls and floor! My hair was really nice and soft the next morining and I love the shine!