Has anyone used Phyto relaxer and Silk elements lye???

beana

Phyto is the best relaxer ive used to date. My hair seems to retain much more of its thickness and length than with other relaxers. I know phyto is a no-lye relaxer, but im just SO curious about switching to lye, specifically the SE relaxer.

If you've used both how do they compare? and which do you prefer?

If you've only used one.. please tell me your experience with it.

Thanks!

Platinum

:bump:

I've never used Phyto but the last relaxer I used was Silk Elements (lye). It was pretty good, straightened well with no breakage. I dont plan to use this relaxer again because I'm transitioning to natural. If you are having good results with Phyto, maybe you should continue using it.

Good luck :look:

Globeleza

I've tried both and I currently use Mizani Lye. Out of the SE and Phyto I'd have to say Phyto was the better of the two for me. Phyto straightened better however it was too expensive for me and one box would leave me underprocessed so I'd have to end up buying two kits in order to achieve the result I wanted. Silk Elements wasn't that great to me.

beana

Thanks ladies!!!! I think ill stick to what works. I have super thick 4a/b hair and phyto straightens well and doesnt burn. I can get 3 applications from 2 boxes so its ends up not being too expensive since my sister applies it at home.

texasqt

PHYTO!!!
My switching to SE is the reason why I'm transitioning now. SE doesn't compare to Phyto's long term benefits at all. Like you said, stick with what you know already works. I had to learn the hard way :nono: