Have You Ever Actually Timed Your Wash Day Routine?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I know a lot of people guess how long it takes to do their hair, but one day, I actually timed my wash day and style routine out of curiosity. It took me 2 hours and 38 minutes to finish doing my hair. First of all, I have armpit length natural 4a/b tightly coiled dense ultra shrinky hair and decided to straighten my hair with heat during this wash day. Here's how long it had taken me for each step:

Shower body & shampoo hair - 15 mins
Apply conditioner in 4 sections - 23 mins
Deep condition under hooded dryer - 30 mins
Rinse and detangle in shower - 17 mins
Apply leave-in and blowdry my hair in sections - 31 mins
Light press with electric pressing comb - 14 mins
Flat iron with CHI - 28 mins

I realized it really doesn't take me long to do my natural hair. And now, I have left out the step of pressing my hair so it takes me 2 hours and 24 mins to wash and straighten my natural hair.

If I two-strand twist my hair instead of straightening, it takes me an extra 20 minutes added on to my routine time (so approx. 3 hrs for my whole routine instead of 2 hrs & 38 mins) depending on the size twists I do.

Does anyone else know how long it actually takes to do each step of their routine on wash day?

>>>Pictures<<<

Washed

Blowdried

Flat-ironed

MAMATO

Yes, but not with a clock but with my DH's face

Red: 2hours
Purple:4 hours
Blue: 5 hours and +
Grey: I am either a single mom or a widow now

Hope that answers your question :)

Evolving78

i dc my hair for about an hour or 2, but it takes me a few hours to twist my hair, but i will leave it like that for the week. it takes about as much time it would if i was going to the salon.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
nah, but I will now :giggle:

why does it take you 23mins to apply your DC?

:lol: I was surprised it took that long to apply conditioner too. See, I have natural kinky hair. After I wash my hair, it shrinks to high heavens. My hair is also very dense and tightly coiled. So I have to gently pull apart my hair, apply and smooth the conditioner in sections and make sure all my hair is covered with conditioner. I can't just slap it on all in one piece like ladies with chemically straight hair or less dense hair. ;)

Last edited: