Have you ever heard of this company or product?

BrownBetty

Hello,

I need help with something. The other day my mother called asking me if I had ever heard of a company named "Gold Medal". I said "Yeah, they make flour." She starts
, "No they make hair products." She received a catalog in the mail and they sell hair products. I have never heard of them and I don't want her to order garbage. You can view the site here www.goldmedalhair.com.

If you have used any of there products, please let me know what it is and if you like it. Even if you haven't give me your honest opinion of what you think of the products. I think the site looks a bit shady but that could just be me.

Thanks Guys

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
I said "Yeah, they make flour."

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered the Power Gro System in the late 1980's. I wasn't impressed.
My aunt likes the Pink Pressing Cream and Straight n Bouncy spray. I've read on other boards that Gold Medal doesn't use good quality ingredients in their products.

I tried the Herbal Tame last year. It was ok, but the homemade version posted on this board is better and more economical.

G

I tried the Herbal tame natural relaxer and used it a few times. Eventually my hair broke off really bad! They make good pressing oils though and I have tried their hair vitamins-but even they stopped working after a period of time.

Allandra

I heard of Gold Medal a LONG time ago. One of my relatives used to order from God Medal when I was a child.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I think Power Gro was the first thing I ordered when I got my own checking account.
The beginning of my PJ madness...

ChasingBliss

My mother received that catalogue about a month ago and brought it to me because she knows Im into hair products. But when I looked through it, the products looked cheap to me. I felt like it was a company that was into making money, not quality hair products. Nothing jumped out at me.

Chipmunk

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I think Power Gro was the first thing I ordered when I got my own checking account.
The beginning of my PJ madness...

[/ QUOTE ]Same here

Gold Medal has been around forever. I bought that system in 1997, I tried it once, hated it, it's still under my sink collecting dust.

CICI24

Products I like from gold medal are hair silk spray, both shampoos are good, Power gro conditioner, power gro hot oil treatment,I like it because its thick. Gold medal has been around for at least 50 years.