Have you ever used a conditioner that left your hair straw-like? Please report.

Have you ever used a conditioner that left your hair straw-like and feeling nasty?

• Yes, I was livid.

Votes: 133 90.5%
  • No, God has been good to me--never ever.

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters
ALL conditioners leave my hair strawlike for some reason. I was going to start a post about it, but I figured no one would know why.

I have tried just about every conditioner mentioned on this board...even Hairveda..etc. None of it works. My hair feels hard, coated, and strawlike.

The ONLY thing that makes my hair feel soft and moisturized is Neutragena moisturizing shampoo. Thats it. Not even the Neutragena conditioners. After I condition or deep condition my hair, I have to rewash it again to get it soft and manageable.

My hair just hates conditioners. I wish I knew why because I know they are needed.

The absolute worse conditioner I ever tried was Carol's Daughter's Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie. It was difficult to get on my hair and even more difficult to get out! Plus it smelled weird. I think the formula has changed since I've used it years ago, but I just remember being in the shower and thinking, "yuck!"

I can't say for sure if my hair doesn't like Silicon Mix, but I got my hair done by the Dominicans a few days ago and specifically asked that they deep condition my hair with it because I kept reading all the good reviews about it on here. So far, my hair is surprisingly dry—the individual hairs keep sticking together and tangling. I'm lightly oiling my hair several times a day, and my strands are still natty. Like I said, I can't say for sure if it's the silicon mix or something else that's making my hair feel like this, but I checked out the ingredients in silicon mix, and one of the first things listed was mineral oil. :naughty: I can't say that I'm in a hurry to try it again...:ohwell:

ALL conditioners leave my hair strawlike for some reason. I was going to start a post about it, but I figured no one would know why.

I have tried just about every conditioner mentioned on this board...even Hairveda..etc. None of it works. My hair feels hard, coated, and strawlike.

The ONLY thing that makes my hair feel soft and moisturized is Neutragena moisturizing shampoo. Thats it. Not even the Neutragena conditioners. After I condition or deep condition my hair, I have to rewash it again to get it soft and manageable.

My hair just hates conditioners. I wish I knew why because I know they are needed.

Now that's a strange occurrence. I wonder why? I'm a newbie and no expert but do you think clarifying would make a difference?

yes and when that happens I just start all over with a moisturizing poo and dancing.

Vo5 "moisture" milks- still sitting on the shelf after making my hair feel like straw. And Aussie Moist and 3 minute miracle were so bad, I took them right back to the store!

hello hydration-no good on my hair:nono:
That crap made my hair shed like a guinea pig...funny thing is, when I have it in my hair it feels soooo soft.. but when I wash it out, lots of hair is in the tub, and when my hair dries, it feels like straw :nono:

That crap made my hair shed like a guinea pig...funny thing is, when I have it in my hair it feels soooo soft.. but when I wash it out, lots of hair is in the tub, and when my hair dries, it feels like straw :nono:

The same here.

omg! yes yes yes!:lachen:
so wondered y i was so weird HH sucks arse

Oh yes.... Mizani Hydrafuse Intense Moisturizing Treatment (the one in the tall, sexy looking bottle) turned out to be £20 down the drain. It's the first and last Mizani product I will ever try. Made my hair feel like gravel. Not a good look.

P. S. I like this thread cos it is exposing some of these 'staple' conditioners. Sometimes I feel like my hair must be the only picky one in the world which hates ORS Hair Mayo, Hello Hydration, Elasta QP DPR-11 etc. Glad to see it's not just me... :) .

*Dear hair, I apologise for calling you names....*

omg! yes yes yes!:lachen:
so wondered y i was so weird HH sucks arse

hello hydration-no good on my hair:nono:
I haven't tried the HE HH poo/condish yet although it's in my stash. It's still too soon to tell if I like the poo/condish for HE LTR. My hair doesn't like HE LTR split end mender all that well. Extra virgin coconut oil is another :nono:. I find that it works better as a pre-poo. I read an artcile that said if your hair feels like straw after evco usage, its because you used too much of it which is believable for me because I get a little heavy handed at times.

giovanni
I gave it away

^^ This brand did not work for me at all. And don't get me started on the shampoo. I had steel wool after I used it ... literally. That was the first and last time that I used it.

I've used more bad conditioners than I remember names. That's why I'm leery about experimenting with new stuff. Once I found the line up that worked I wasn't going to go back to making my life complicated again.

Any conditioner with Rosemary at the top of the ingredient list makes my hair Hard.
I.E.

1)Giovanni's Direct Leave In (The Whole Giovanni line has Rosemary as the second ingredient, I know to stay away from this brand)
2)Creme Of Nature's Rosemary and lemongrass leave in Conditioner
3)Vatika Oil
4)John Master's Nourishment and Defrizzer

Before I decided to transition I my hair loved cones, now it just leaves my hair when dry a mess. I lost so much hair when I try to do anything and it's weird, when my hair is wet it's a breeze to detangle, but when it dries it leaves a very coated feel to it and dries out something horrible.

Giovanni Direct Leave-In; Elasta QP DPR-11; I remember using HE HH, I don't think it left my hair dry, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't up to par which is why I didn't repurchase.

And see I am just the opposite. When I have a conditioner disaster I reach for my trusty Pantene to undo the damage.

I'm with you.Pantene always detangles my hair no matter what state is in ,just have to make sure I seal w oil after I wash.

Back