Have you ever wondered.....

SUPER SWEET

Have you ever wondered how Ophrah Winfrey manages to keep her hair so healthy? She get it done EVERYDAY with blowdryers and curling irons??

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Maybe she gets it washed daily, so it's always fresh and moisturized.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeap, that's what it mentioned in an article I read a long time ago.

Sridevi

Oprah's hair stays healthy because she keeps it relatively short. I have never seen Oprah with hair longer than shoulder length. The longer hair is, the older it is and the more likely it is to show damage from the type of daily styling Oprah's hair undergoes. The fact that she keeps it above shoulder length also means she must be getting very frequent trims.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Oprah does not have a relaxer so maybe the fact that her hair is not chemically treated allows her to get away with more heat styling.

Lovelylocs

Maybe she doesnt get it done everyday. Maybe the set it at night or smthg. But... it DOES always look so fresh, so I dunno. hmmmm... this is a good question. We need someone to go ask her.. haha... Where's Valleygirl?

Tracy

Oprah definitely has a relaxer. According to her stylist, Andre, she deep conditions, washes and trims often and that's why her hair stays so healthy.

I believe it too!

MizAvalon

The washing every day definitely contributes to that. Also, her hair is very short. I don't see how hair that short can ever really be that damaged when you're getting it cut all the time.

myco

I think she has a Phytospecific relaxer. There's a salon here in Atlanta that uses that as part of their advertising : "Come see the secret to Oprah's thick and wonderful hair, yada, yada, yada". They charge $125 for the service. I want to try the relaxer, but I can't justify that price.

Tracy

I don't think her relaxer is the secret. I think that's just a marketing ploy on the part of the salon.

Oprah has some gorgeous thick hair and they want to capitalize on that. Just my opinion...

myco

I agree. If each of us had a stylist on call 24 hours a day, we could all have thick, wonderful, movie-star hair too.

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I don't think her relaxer is the secret. I think that's just a marketing ploy on the part of the salon.

Oprah has some gorgeous thick hair and they want to capitalize on that. Just my opinion...

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ.... after seeing how much more body I had in my hair after using the phytorelaxer, i truly believe it may have something to do with the thickness of oprah's hair in addition to her haircare regimen....not to mention, most women who use phytorelaxer are reporting increased thickness and body in their hair........

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
ladydee36330 said:
I want thicker hair. Where can I get me one of these phytorelaxers?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can visit www.beautysak.com.....the thing is they used to sell it for $48. now it is $60, but i feel it is well worth it...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I remember when Oprah was talking about how she was younger and got her first relaxer and she had burn scabs all over her scalp. It messed up her hair badly. I dont remember how she recovered so nicely...

MizAvalon

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
I remember when Oprah was talking about how she was younger and got her first relaxer and she had burn scabs all over her scalp. It messed up her hair badly. I dont remember how she recovered so nicely...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember her saying that she cut her hair all off. Like bald. And just started from scratch.

NAY007

Whatever it is they do to that woman's hair....I LOVE IT. It is so vibrant and healthy and shiny.