Have you seen this Youtubers Channel

Eluv

Yeap very informative

When I was considering relaxing, her "lye or no lye hear the truth" video made me remember why I went natural.

camilla

Girl thank you i am a yt junkie did not come across this channel yet but many others from other hair forums i just learned how to do my own REALISTIC install just sub'ed

Shoediva

I love the way she explains in detail everything in a way anyone can understand. She reminds me of my stylist in VA.

Oh how I miss VA.

JJamiah

http://www.youtube.com/user/MSMIKKO100#p/u/11/PffMT-7J7r0

I have preached this for years, Glad to see a video that I can just send a link too!

I LYE when I relax, you should too! LOL
I know we have a forum which I wrote a comment on about this Lye is harder on scalp easier on hair, NO LYE is easier on scalp harder on hair! So if you have damage and just don't know why, this could be your problem amongst other things.

I honestly know there are alot of self relaxers here, but this is the one area I don't cut corners! My chemicals, I cut everywhere else, not my chemicals. Yet to each his/her own just my point of view on it.

Almaz

Oh l LOVE the unprofessionalism video where they ladies hair broke off from her sylists using a too strong relaxer and he says Dog poo and Mayoniaise See the golden retreiver with their gow gus mane use that and some mayo

you be straight

Eluv

http://www.youtube.com/user/MSMIKKO100#p/u/11/PffMT-7J7r0

I have preached this for years, Glad to see a video that I can just send a link too!

I LYE when I relax, you should too! LOL
I know we have a forum which I wrote a comment on about this Lye is harder on scalp easier on hair, NO LYE is easier on scalp harder on hair! So if you have damage and just don't know why, this could be your problem amongst other things.

I honestly know there are alot of self relaxers here, but this is the one area I don't cut corners! My chemicals, I cut everywhere else, not my chemicals. Yet to each his/her own just my point of view on it.

I have a sensitive scalp and in the past I had to use mild relaxers. Would you still recommend lye relaxers? I think in a couple years when I reach my goal length, I may relax again if I can figure out what's best for my sensitive scalp.

JJamiah

I have a sensitive scalp and in the past I had to use mild relaxers. Would you still recommend lye relaxers? I think in a couple years when I reach my goal length, I may relax again if I can figure out what's best for my sensitive scalp.

I also have VERY sensitive Scalp AHHHHHHHHHH!

I use Motions Lye but what I have is my ampro base and my beautician uses Optimum base and hers doesn't work for me, Mine does but I double base, I base at night before I go, have it parted in four already then she bases again.

I use to use mild as well, which I should go back (don't know why I went to regular:perplexed probably didn't have mild instock that day).

The Mild and a good base (base night before).

Last edited:

JJamiah

Oh l LOVE the unprofessionalism video where they ladies hair broke off from her sylists using a too strong relaxer and he says Dog poo and Mayoniaise See the golden retreiver with their gow gus mane use that and some mayo

you be straight

I saw that one too! AHHH hahahahahaha! it bought back memories

I remember when I worked in the Salon in Brooklyn about 17 years ago, this one LADY, came in and had a nice length of hair, so the owner of the salon asked her what she used, she said she rinses her hair with her husbands C****M and wipes her face with her baby's pee pamper, MY EYES still boggle at this. I imagined it would be kinda hard on the hair or that was Protein but aphogee was out then and so was DRC, I guess reduce reuse and recycle. Yuckkie

Did I mention my boss actually thought about using the methods for herself :(

Eluv

I remember when I worked in the Salon in Brooklyn about 17 years ago, this one LADY, came in and had a nice length of hair, so the owner of the salon asked her what she used, she said she rinses her hair with her husbands C****M and wipes her face with her baby's pee pamper, MY EYES still boggle at this. I imagined it would be kinda hard on the hair or that was Protein but aphogee was out then and so was DRC, I guess reduce reuse and recycle. Yuckkie

LMAO.... what

I have heard of people using baby pee and semen on there faces, but not in there hair. My Aunt swears by the baby pee. She says it keep her face clear and acne free.

sexyeyes3616

:barf: :barf:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

I have heard of people using baby pee and semen on there faces, but not in there hair. My Aunt swears by the baby pee. She says it keep her face clear and acne free.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

JJamiah

Semen on the FACE :blush::blush::blush::perplexed:perplexed:perplexed:lachen::lachen:

Girl! I Don't know!!! I can't explain, I never tried, I had 4 kids and plenty opportunities, just not interested, LOL! ReDuce reuse recycle.

My grandma use to put the pee pampers on the radiators and reuse until they poo in it. LOL this is a nice thread :) I actually seen some good videos and learned about some stuff that I use (Bigen, I knew it was vegetable and henna had no Idea about the Metallic because it isn't listed) NOW I KNOW WHY I STOPPED using it! SO thanks so much I love learning new things. With hair like computers there is always something new!

^^^^ girl it is almost 2 decades and I am still seconding your response.