Have you tried Komaza Care Aloe My Hair?

Umm Ebraheem

http://komazahaircare.com/what-is-new-and-offers

I was hoping there might be some reviews on this new product line. I generally like Komaza care products and most of my staples come from this line, but I've recently moved out of the country and would like to read some reviews before I pay for international shipping.

They have a new line out with Aloe, which my hair loves and it looks interesting but I'm hesitant due to the cost of shipping.

Any reviews would be very helpful.

Umm Ebraheem

virtuenow

I'm trying it now, they have free samples. I will see if I love it more than the Komaza Shea lotion. Will report back soon.

Lita

Just received my aloe my hair leave-in..

*Will review soon..Texture is a thin-medium lotion,scent lite..

Subbing.

Happy Hair Growing!

McQuay30

I'm trying it now, they have free samples. I will see if I love it more than the Komaza Shea lotion. Will report back soon.

Sorry to hijack the thread but have you tried the Califia Leave In and if so how does it compare to the Shea Lotion?

virtuenow

Sorry to hijack the thread but have you tried the Califia Leave In and if so how does it compare to the Shea Lotion?

Yes. I think this will be helpful for the thread. Once I review the Aloe leave-in, I plan to compare all three. The Califia had a thin-lotionlike texture. It was too thin for my hair-- though it smelled awesome. The Shea Lotion is a thick-lotion texture-- actually perfect for my hair. The smell is light, but it works great w/the Califia Moisture Spray, and Jojoba Hemp sealant. All it takes is a little bit.

Umm Ebraheem

I think I tried a sample of that a couple of years ago but I did not like it. Turns out that I did not like califia leave-in or the curl pudding. The shea butter hair lotion is my go to product for a leave-in conditioner. I've recently added their Matani leave-in to alternate with my shea butter lotion because I need more protein in my routine. I also really love the Califia moisurizing cream. It use it for my twists and braids and as a sealer.

Umm Ebraheem

I'm really looking forward to the reviews. Thanks so much for replying! I am going to have to have my products sent all the way to Egypt so input is greatly appreciated.

Umm Ebraheem

McQuay30

I got the sample of the shea lotion and seems watery but a nice scent and the califia leave ingredients seems to be different but i dont have a old bottle to compare it to.

virtuenow

After using the Aloe Leave-In for a week, I can say my hair definitely felt different. It seemed to be retaining moisture longer. The thickness and consistency was similar to the Shea Lotion. However, the scent didn't go w/my moisture spritz (Califia) or the sealant (Jojoba-hemp); and I am still stuck on the Shea Lotion b/c it's perfect.

So, now they have the Aloe Spritz on free sample this month-- I will give that combo a try and use a different sealant (jbco prbably/or pure jojoba). I suspect the Aloe Leave-in will work even better w/the product it's meant to go with (Aloe Spritz).

virtuenow

I got the sample of the shea lotion and seems watery but a nice scent and the califia leave ingredients seems to be different but i dont have a old bottle to compare it to.

They recently revamped a lot of their ingredients-- to intensify their products effects (according to the website). In my opinion most things I re-ordered are even better than before. The Jojoba Hemp, for instance, had no scent and now it smells like Pumpkin Pie-- and the consistency is different.

The Califia Leave-in was watery; are you saying the Shea Lotion is watery or the Califia? It has always been thick when I ordered it.

These are the old ingredients for Califia Leave-In:

Distilled Water, Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivative of Palm Oil), Aloe Vera Butter, Shea Butter, Algae Extract, Behentrimonium, Aloe Vera Juice, Shea Nut Oil, Soybean Oil, Nettles, Horsetail, Rosemary, Peppermint, Marshmallow, Polyquaternium 10, Quaternium 87, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3, Pro vitamin B5, vitamin B6, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Cinnamon Cassia. pH Balance 4.5 http://www.sassynaturals.com/2011/01/product-review-komaza-cares-califia.html

New Ingredients:

Distilled Water, Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivative of Palm Oil), Aloe Vera Butter, Shea Butter, Algae Extract, Behentrimonium, Aloe Vera, Shea Nut Oil, Soybean Oil, Nettles, Horsetail, Rosemary, Peppermint, Marshmallow, Allantoin, Quaternium 87,vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3, Pro vitamin B5, vitamin B6, Citric Acid, Phthalates-Free Vegetarian Fragrance, Gluconolactone and Sodium Benzoate(natural preservative). http://komazahaircare.com/califia-care-leave-in-conditioner.html

They look to be essentially the same.

Last edited:

McQuay30

Both r watery, i was surpised with the shea lotion because i was expecting a thicker lotion. I will check my califia bottle when i get but the palm oil i beleive is no longer there. thanks for the listing of ingredient.

McQuay30

My new bottle of Califia Leave In as the following: Water, Shea butter, aloe vera butter,algae extract,Behentrimonium, cety alcohol, aloe vera, shea nut oil, soybean oil, nettles, horsetail, marshmallow, allantoin, Vit E,C,B3,B5,B6, citric acid, fragrance, gluconolactone and sodium benzoate. The Shea lotion was alright but willn't repurchase because looking for a thicker lotion otherwise will stay with the Califia it appears the removal of the Palm Oil make the product a tad bit lighter and therefore not as oily in the long run. Hope that makes sense. So Komanza Califia Leave-in will be a staple for softness.

Umm Ebraheem

Thanks for the updating. Let us know how you like the spritz and the leave-in.

After using the Aloe Leave-In for a week, I can say my hair definitely felt different. It seemed to be retaining moisture longer. The thickness and consistency was similar to the Shea Lotion. However, the scent didn't go w/my moisture spritz (Califia) or the sealant (Jojoba-hemp); and I am still stuck on the Shea Lotion b/c it's perfect.

So, now they have the Aloe Spritz on free sample this month-- I will give that combo a try and use a different sealant (jbco prbably/or pure jojoba). I suspect the Aloe Leave-in will work even better w/the product it's meant to go with (Aloe Spritz).

Umm Ebraheem

I have been using the shea lotion for a couple of years and it is definitely more watery than it was when I first started using it. I still find it works well and I continue to repurchase. When I first started using this product it was so thick I could barely get it out of the bottle and that may be why they thinned it out. Overall, this is still my go to moisturizer and I haven't found anything that my hair likes better.

Both r watery, i was surpised with the shea lotion because i was expecting a thicker lotion. I will check my califia bottle when i get but the palm oil i beleive is no longer there. thanks for the listing of ingredient.