Have Your Bangs Disappeared !?!?!?

B

ballet_bun

Well, one minute my bangs were quite long, but some how, over night, they seemed to have lost some length. It is the only part of my hair that sees a curling on a somewhat daily basis.

Silly me, I had been wondering what happened to my bangs. I guess the most obvious answer is the curling iron. I think I'm going to buy the Caruso(sp??) steam curlers.

Has anyone else experienced this? How do you curl your bangs? Goes to prove that curling irons should not be used everyday.

Ballet Bun ...

inthepink

i haven't had bangs in years but my "front" broke off b/c it was the part of my hair that got the most "beating" I'd lay off the curling iron. Is there any way that the bangs are long enough to put up with the rest of your hair?

MissJ

When I have bangs I use a roller. Hot curling everyday is not good at all. I learned this in high. I use to curl overnight, but it leaves that line across my bangs. So, whenever I wear bangs I'll just roll it in the morning, take my shower and everything, and then take it out 30 minutes later. Works great!

soulchild

Well, my bangs became very short without me cutting them. lol..I had no common sense back them. I should have cut out the breakage before it got worse.

Nova

I've recently experienced this (over the summer). I got into a habit of curling my bangs every morning & it seemed like almost overnight my hair had broken off to the middle of my forehead. My co-worker told me she liked the way I cut my bangs! I didn't have the heart to tell her they broke off from daily curling.

Needless to say, I've stopped curling and roll them up for an hour before I leave for work each morning. They're growing back nicely. Banning curling irons!!!

Lindy

I also had bangs for years, and the front of my hair would ALWAYS break off. I used the curling iron every morning and I guess that's proof that the curling iron is no good for my hair. My hair is just now growing in. The bang is now to the tip of my nose, so I just take out a small piece and leave it hanging down; I don't need to use the curling iron on it, thank goodness.