He said he doesn't want to marry a stranger...

Xavier

I don't have a man so I don't have an answer:lol: but I was checking out your album and wanted to let you know that you hair is very beautiful. I love the new avatar pic.

DragonPearl

CurliDiva said:
This is a speical day for BOTH of you- I would respect his wishes and forget the weave!:perplexed

I agree. Also, you're going to go on a honeymoon, and maybe he just wants to be able to run his hands through your hair, instead of worrying that he is going to mess up your sew-in.

After honeymoon is over, you might want to do whatever you want with your hair, but for now, keep your wedding day and honeymoon a magical time for both of you, and you don't need weaves for that.

Last edited:

tthreat08

Xavier said:
I don't have a man so I don't have an answer:lol: but I was checking out your album and wanted to let you know that you hair is very beautiful. I love the new avatar pic.

Awww thanks!

tthreat08

Jessy55 said:
I agree. Also, you're going to go on a honeymoon, and maybe he just wants to be able to run his hands through your hair, instead of worrying that he is going to mess up your sew-in.

After honeymoon is over, you might want to do whatever you want with your hair, but for now, keep your wedding day and honeymoon a magical time for both of you, and you don't need weaves for that.

Yeah, I don't really wear weaves. It was just gonna be for the wedding....but I'm cool with my natural hair. In fact I really love my own hair. So, I'll just be me...but I AM wearing some false eye lashes dangit! :lol:

He's probably visualizing the worst case scenario, but if you think about it this is a huge compliment to you however. He's pleased and content with you as you are. Obviously he thinks your beautiful and want's you to stay the way you are.

Lyrics:

Don't go changing, trying to please me.........I love you just the way you are.

So cute.

For the record you avatar is beautiful.

ajoyfuljoy

My man likes natural or real...as long as it looks good. But your hair is so gorgeous, and if the detail on the back of your dress is eyecatching as you put it, you might want to just wear a simple updo or something. If you never, ever wear weave, I could see why it would be a shock to him. He fell in love with you and your sometimes frizzy hair, so he could probably care-less if it wasn't as frizz-free as it could be.

glamazon386

tthreat08 said:
Yeah, I don't really wear weaves. It was just gonna be for the wedding....but I'm cool with my natural hair. In fact I really love my own hair. So, I'll just be me...but I AM wearing some false eye lashes dangit! :lol:

:lol: I'm glad you figured it out. Be sure to post pictures. :grin:

Tzarina

May be you should have your weave put in a couple of weeks before the wedding, that way he'll have an idea of how it will look.

I can't wear weaves round my man cause he flat out tells people 'oh thats not her hair it some Chinese womans'.

Last edited:

tthreat08

Tzarina said:
May be you should het your weave put in a couple of weeks before the wedding, that way he'll have an idea of how it will look.

I can't wear weaves round my man cause he flat out tells people 'oh thats not her hair it some Chinese womans'.

:lol: Yeah, I guess that would do it.

tthreat08

ajoyfuljoy said:
My man likes natural or real...as long as it looks good. But your hair is so gorgeous, and if the detail on the back of your dress is eyecatching as you put it, you might want to just wear a simple updo or something. If you never, ever wear weave, I could see why it would be a shock to him. He fell in love with you and your sometimes frizzy hair, so he could probably care-less if it wasn't as frizz-free as it could be.

Thanks! I will be sure to post pics of my final outcome.

Lady Esquire

tthreat08 said:
Yeah, I was planning to get it (waist length) longer than my hair (1 inch from bra strap). However, I was also planning to have nice full curls, so the length wouldn't be outrageously unnatural looking from the norm. I've now decided on an updo anyway after considering the detail in the back of my dress would be competing with the hair....

Since you have hair that is almost bra strap length, most guests will not even be able to tell whether you have extensions or not. I personally prefer updos for weddings, because they are so elegant. A week or two before the wedding, have your stylist do a trial run of the hairdo that you are thinking of. By doing this, you can so how much hairspray he or she will be using on that day, and how soft and sexy it looks or whether the updo looks like a helmet. I am not sure whether you two live together or not, but if you do not want your fiancee to see the updo prior to the big day, then take it down before he sees you.

I saw your pic in your siggy, you are a beautiful woman. So he will be so happy when you arrive at that alter. Congratualtions and may God bless your union!

senimoni

I can't help but think of the Tamia song "stranger in my house". I know you stated you are wearing it up however if you did decide to wear it down I would consider getting the weave now so he could see how it would look and that it wasn't a complete 180 from your hair now.

Regarding your husband and his view .....I've heard it before. You have gorgeous hair from what I can see here so I guess thats what he wants. No harm no foul. But I agree with you that most men don't usually care if it looks good.

pretty_nappy_hair

Try the style before the wedding and see how he'll respond. It is both of your day. But every girl has her dream. Your hair will not ruin his day.

tthreat08

LadyEsquire said:
Since you have hair that is almost bra strap length, most guests will not even be able to tell whether you have extensions or not. I personally prefer updos for weddings, because they are so elegant. A week or two before the wedding, have your stylist do a trial run of the hairdo that you are thinking of. By doing this, you can so how much hairspray he or she will be using on that day, and how soft and sexy it looks or whether the updo looks like a helmet. I am not sure whether you two live together or not, but if you do not want your fiancee to see the updo prior to the big day, then take it down before he sees you.

I saw your pic in your siggy, you are a beautiful woman. So he will be so happy when you arrive at that alter. Congratualtions and may God bless your union!

Thanks LadyEsquire! I am in fact having a trial run, and no he doesn't live with me. So, I'll be able to get my trial with no worries. I'm thinking I'll take it down anyway though....I don't want everyone else looking at me either.;)

tthreat08

senimoni said:
I can't help but think of the Tamia song "stranger in my house". I know you stated you are wearing it up however if you did decide to wear it down I would consider getting the weave now so he could see how it would look and that it wasn't a complete 180 from your hair now.

Regarding your husband and his view .....I've heard it before. You have gorgeous hair from what I can see here so I guess thats what he wants. No harm no foul. But I agree with you that most men don't usually care if it looks good.

Thanks so much.:)

Ayeshia

he hates the wave but loves the length. I dont blame him for not liking it though.. Even when I massage my own scalp feeling these tracks are really creepy :lol:

Monilove122

Almost all men I've met say they don't like weaves then they go into the spiel of how fake they are etc. I just nod my head and say you don't have a problem with weaves, you have a problem with BAD weaves, big difference. Then they say they don't like weaves again and go on to name celebrities they do like and dang if all of 'em aren't sporting wigs/weaves. So, I came to the conclusion that as long as it's natural looking they could care less because I get so much dang attention with my 20" clip-ins it doesn't make any sense. I've had men and women say to me "if you didn't know any better you would think your hair was fake cause it's so long but you can tell it's yours". That cracks me up cause my own hair ain't even remotely thinking about being to APL length.

Chanel's Tresses

My SO does not like weave either. He despsies the phony ponies so I usually take them out as soon as I get home. I try and tell him that all the women he "loves" on TV have weave and he seems to think I don't know what I am talking about. Now if I wanted I could get a full head of braids and he would be okay with it. I actually plan on wearing some kind of bun in my wedding I love my hair pulled back.

MrsHouston

My dh doesn't like weave either....my suggestion for you is to try the hair style about a month before the wedding and just surprise him with it. See if he likes it on you first. Some men can't picture the final picture. So show him in advance what it'll look like. You don't want him disappointed on your wedding day.

It's not that my husband is a weave-a-phobe, he prefers me with "my" hair. He has told me countless times that I am more attractive with my hair done as opposed to having my weaves and wigs in.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

spiceykitten said:
Threat:

Now I know all the ladies gave you advice on getting a weave. I did not want to say anything but I will now.

I am so against a weave. I rather wear a bun or ponytail attachment if I was you. First, a weave may cause you some damage and second not to be naughty but it is your wedding. I think your man would want to get romantic and put his hands through your hair.

I know my man loves putting his hands in my hair. I am sure he would be upset if we were getting romantic and he was feeling tracks:ohwell:

I have always believed in what you see is what you get and that you work what you got.

Maybe the ladies have better answers for you but I would not do the weave. I am on your man side about this one.

You know I agree ;)

Threat, girl you can shave your head BALD on your wedding day and be GAWGEOUS!! You just have it like that. No additions needed, IMO. Your hair is very gorgeous, especially those pics of your hair in those full , lush curls in your album!

SleekandBouncy

In my experience, most men at least when talking amongst themselves don't like weaves. Guys are scared by that kind of stuff like that.

gloomgeisha

bLackButtaFly said:
:grin: That's true. I've had guys who were against yada yada and yada, but once they see you in it, it's a different story. I've have boyfriends who are totally against me getting twist extensions, or whatever, but then they see it and they're whistling a different tune. Men are strange creatures :look: .

DH told me he didn't like weaves and when I got one, sure enough I got no nookie for the entire tenure of that weave. He'd go to kiss me and try to touch my hair, he'd get this look like :ohwell: and just peck me on the lips as chaste as possible.

Since he has to work with and sell weaving hair, he's turned off by it; but I can have my hair sticking up all over my head in an uncombed lopsided afro and he'll be all trying to run his bony little hands through it...knowing darn well you couldn't even run an electrical current through my fro if you tried.:lol:

tthreat08

Bublnbrnsuga said:
You know I agree ;)

Threat, girl you can shave your head BALD on your wedding day and be GAWGEOUS!! You just have it like that. No additions needed, IMO. Your hair is very gorgeous, especially those pics of your hair in those full , lush curls in your album!

Thanks so much! Your hair in your siggy is absoloutely BEAUTIFUL! :eek: Oh my gosh! You've made such great progress!

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
tthreat08 said:
Okay so I've been trying to decide on my wedding hair as my wedding is 68 days away (yay!)...and I'd opted to get a weave to avoid hair frizz and honeymoon fuss...but when my boo got wind of the weave chatter, he said "Please show up to our wedding as yourself. I don't want to turn around and see someone I've never met". My thing is that I'm not going to go CRAAAAAZY in the weave chair. Yeah, I was planning to get it (waist length) longer than my hair (1 inch from bra strap). However, I was also planning to have nice full curls, so the length wouldn't be outrageously unnatural looking from the norm. I've now decided on an updo anyway after considering the detail in the back of my dress would be competing with the hair....

But my question to you all is, is your man a "weave-a phobe"? Why do you suppose this is if so? I mean, let's face it...men are VERY visual. If it looks good, they tend to like it. So why do they always front saying they don't like weaves, when (in my opionion) they are attracted to women that have them?

Congrats on your wedding.

I have to agree w/y man though. If you haven't been wearing weaves then he has a right to his preference. I don't know a single guy who likes weaves on women. Men are like that. Apparently it makes a big difference for them.