Colour those greys??

Monaleezza

Hi Ladies, (and gents don't wanna discriminate:grin:)
I am 70% natural but I want to relax and colour those annoying greys.

I've had my hair in weave for 2 years and I have a family wedding coming up and this is my big reveal!!:yay::yay::yay:

Except I don't want to reveal how grey my hair has gotten under my weave.:nono:
I want to relax my hair and cover greys but keep my hair strength and length that I've been working so hard to achieve and maintain.

I'm willing to consider any suggestions and hear your experiences.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Sorry dint have any advice just wanted to wish you luck and aren't those grays a pain!

Eta: I think I spelled gray wrong don't judge me lol!

Last edited:

faithVA

I am low porosity so I use a demi-permanent color. Trying ION this go round. I usually use a permanent color but going demi-permanent this time to eleminate using ammonia.

If you are normal porosity you may be able to get by with a semi-permanent which is not as harsh. And there are also more semi-permanents available than demi or permanent colors.

Last edited:

lana

I have used Wella Demi-permanent and Clairol's Semi-Permanent in the gold bottle. The Semi-Permanent is less harsh and it will work best if you leave it on for as long as the bottle recommends (I think 25 minutes).

The Demi-Permanent does work, but it's harsher on my hair and I am always thinking I might see breakage.

Do not use Bigen - it works, but it makes the hair look like a crinkled french fry over time.

Misseyl

I have some greys that need coloring too and I am going to use Henna. I have to stay away from dyes because it will damage my already fine/thinning hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I know it's a Hassle & time consuming, but in my opinion, nothing works better than Henna/Indigo. Perfect coverage.

Monaleezza

Sorry dint have any advice just wanted to wish you luck and aren't those grays a pain!

Eta: I think I spelled gray wrong don't judge me lol!

haha:lol: I like to think of myself as gorgeous and then I release the greys and :nono::perplexed:shocked: I scare myself! Pat me on the head, I need all the empathy I can get, I can't go out like this! lol:lol:

msbettyboop

IDareT'sHair said:
I know it's a Hassle & time consuming, but in my opinion, nothing works better than Henna/Indigo. Perfect coverage.

I agree. I did henna/indigo last week and it was annoying and took a really really really long time but hair is all black now and the six grey hairs I had in front are all black too!