Head Wraps in the Summer

Chameleonchick

Does anyone wear head wraps in the summer regularly? I am asking because I have quite a few head scarves that are very pretty, but I would like to know what is your "regimen" for wearing head wraps and how you wear them.

I do. I wear them the same way I wear them in the winter. Plastic cap and then wrap. I don't spend a lot of time outdoors so I don't mind the warmth from them. I do wear hats in the summer too, so it's just an alternative to me.

Maybe you can braid your hair underneath or baggy all day for extra moisture?

I love the look of headscarves but I can never pull it off.

I have to wear scarves when I'm conditioning but need to run errands.. I bought some extra fabric to also make matching neck scarves

ETA: I'm sorry, you're talking about "head wraps" and I'm thinking "scarves"....

Last edited:
If you're worried about getting too warm, you can use a light material or one that is religious... :rofl: (I've got jokes!) I mean holy/holey like this. And if you don't double up, then it's even less smothering.

If you're worried about getting too warm, you can use a light material or one that is religious... :rofl: (I've got jokes!) I mean holy/holey like this. And if you don't double up, then it's even less smothering.

That gold/brown one is beautiful. I have some box braids (no extensions) that I just did last night. I just grabbed some hair and went with it. It only took like an hour an a half but the parts are a little crazy. Some spots are bigger than the other, so I was thinking of an idea to "mask" them.

My sister does. She makes a puff and then ties her scarf over it, leaving the puff sticking out.
ETA: She doesn't cover her ears or hairline.

I've done it before. I use those pashmina type scarves- not too heavy, not too light. Normally I'll just put my hair in a bun, tie the scarf, then make the extra material into a bun around my real bun. I know I should use some kind of silk scarf or something before using the pashmina but I don't really do that

Back