Healthy Hair from Rollersetting

Would you say that overall your hair is healthy or healthier from rollersetting.
yes: my hair is has transformed: its more healthier: rollersetting allows my hair to get straight (run fingers thru hair) feel which allows me to do my hair w/ ease: which saves me breakage and manipulation

What products are you using when rollersetting.
Giovanni Direct Leave In w/ Fantasia Ic Serum
  • Silicone Mix Leave In
  • De Louise Ayurveda Nourishing Hair Creme
Do you sit under the dryer or airdry when rollersetting.
both

How are you rollering your hair.

2. Mohawk style down the center with sides rolled upward
i find this easier

HTH's darling

Last edited:
Would you say that overall your hair is healthy or healthier from rollersetting.

I think so (overall healthier). I am not dealing with my ends at all and the number of split ends have decreased dramatically. (In conjunction with frequent deep conditions and dustings.)

Whatever creamy leave-in at the moment. Right now it's HE's Break's Over. Before that it was PM The Conditioner. I follow with any serum (PM Super Skinny, Chi Silk Infusion)

I sit under Gold n' Hot dryer for 90 min on LOW.

1. Mohawk style down the center with sides rolled down

I choose this option, but I roll the back of my mohawk UPWARD too. Only the first 3-4 rollers in the mohawk are rolled down. I tried it the other way, and I am miserable every time.
3. other

Would you say that overall your hair is healthy or healthier from rollersetting.- Yep, most def!

What products are you using when rollersetting.I just use a leave in and sometimes a little foam wrap

Do you sit under the dryer or airdry when rollersetting.I usually sit under the dry

1. Mohawk style down the center with sides rolled down-I do that sometimes

3. other I usually just start rolling and see where I end up.

Yes, much healthier than when I was using direct heat

I alternate Giovanni Direct Leave-in with Motions Nourish Leave-in and seal with coconut oil and serum.

I bonnet-dry on LOW for 1 hour then finish airdrying overnight.

Mohawk style down the center with sides rolled down

The first year and a half on my healthy hair quest I was primarily air drying. I cant believe it took me that long to realize that my 4b hair does not like to be air dried. I've been roller setting now for about 5 months and my hair is just loving it. So, YES I would say that the overall my hair is healthier from roller setting.

1. Water mixed with my fav conditioner, WEN styling Cream and jojoba oil
2. CHI Infusion
3. CHI Keratin Mist

I bonnet-dry on Med/low setting for 1 1/2 hours.

Mohawk style down the center with sides rolled down

****After reading this thread Im going to try the following on my next wash****

1. Washing my hair in sections (Im 17 weeks post and my NG is massive, so Im hoping this will help with manipulating my wet hair)
2. Rolling my sides up.

Great advice!!!!

Would you say that overall your hair is healthy or healthier from rollersetting?
Yes,

What products are you using when rollersetting?
Creamy leave-in(lacio lacio or BPT) diluted with water and wrap lotion(Motions or Keracare).

Do you sit under the dryer or airdry when rollersetting?
Depends. If I am time crunched I will use the dryer. Otherwise I kept them overnight(mesh rollers) or at last 6-8 hours(magnetics). I can't sleep in magnetics so I don't use them nearly as often.

How do you rollerset your hair?

A center mohawk back with the sides rolled up. I use the red, purple and gary size rollers.

Yes

Infusium 23 Leave in and water

Soft Bonnet

AND
It depends on what look im going for:grin:

Would you say that overall your hair is healthy or healthier from rollersetting?
YES MA'M!

What products are you using when rollersetting?
Lacio lacio, silicon mix lic, or placenta de ojeva lic

Do you sit under the dryer or airdry when rollersetting?
Yep. My spaceship dryer! Takes about 2hrs :nono:

How do you rollerset your hair?

A reverse rollerset i can't seem to go back to rolling downwards, too hard!

Oh yes! I blow dried once last year and I got so much breakage, i will never stray from sets again! It gives me a naturally straight texture which is soft and bouncy despite being texlaxed....I love it!

Giovanni Direct Leave In, Giovanni Frizz Be Gone and Water

I sit under the dryer for 2 hours on medium, I could air dry or it would not come out as straight or soft and would take forever to dry!

I have foudn this to be the quickest method and its very easy on the arms, I have lots of pics of all different ways of setting in my fotki....

Oh yes! I blow dried once last year and I got so much breakage, i will never stray from sets again! It gives me a naturally straight texture which is soft and bouncy despite being texlaxed....I love it!

Giovanni Direct Leave In, Giovanni Frizz Be Gone and Water

I sit under the dryer for 2 hours on medium, I could air dry or it would not come out as straight or soft and would take forever to dry!

I have foudn this to be the quickest method and its very easy on the arms, I have lots of pics of all different ways of setting in my fotki....[/quote]

Thanks and i really enjoyed looking at your fotki....Beautiful Beautiful hair!

I have always rollerset my hair. I have soft fine hair and that is the only way that my hair looks like it has body. My hair is much more healthy than when I use to just flat iron. I used to see alot of split ends when I flat ironed my hair. Now that I roller set, I barely have any breakage.

I use naccidt LIC and nu expressions foam wrap lotion.
once dry Mizani rose h2o creme

I use the mohawk method with the sides down.

I have to sit under the dryer or my hair will be really frizzy no matter what product i use on it.

I love it, but it can be time consuming.

Without hesitation, YES!!!!!

Currently I'm using Salerm 21 B5, scalp drops, some good ol' water in a spray bottle and hasks pure shine serum

Yes, an Ionic one

Absolutely!!:yep:

Giovanni Direct and water.

I sit under the dryer for 90 min.:spinning:

Mohawk down the middle with sides rolled up...its much easier for me doing it that way.

yes
NTM leave in and garnier silky lotion

I tried airdrying today but I will stick with dryer in the future

Mohawk down the middle with sides rolled up

....I have a question though...: When I rollerset, I loose a lot less hair compared to when I blowdry, but I still loose some hair... strands in the comb, on my hands, enough to wipe everything off halfway through my rollerset.
I don't believe I am being too rough with my hair... could it be the products?
I have 4a/b fine strands little density hair. relaxed. Whe do you suggest? Or is it all normal? Please help me with this... could salerm or lacio lacio help?

Absolutely!!:yep:

Currently~ Fermodyl 619, Rusk Sensories Smoothers leave-in & CHI serum

I sit under the dryer for 60 minutes

In 8 sections rolled down

Yes my hair is healthier from Rollersetting

I use Infusium 23 and Giovanni Direct Leave in

Both

3. other
either or depends on how tires my arms are

I think my hair was doing ok before but it has gotten better since I started.

Spray bottle w/ SE Heat Protection & water, I switch between Lacio Lacio and Chi Silk Infusion, and a very little amount of Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum. I did a set without the Serum and I can tell the difference. I got to have my Serum!
I sit under the dryer for 1 hour.
I roll with the Mohawk going up as well as the sides.

Last edited:
Yes my hair is healthier b/c of rollersetting. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It's funny b/c I kinda think of myself as a rollersetting pro.

Lacio Lacio and Chi Silk Infusion

I now use my Pibbs 514 but before I would airdry (my hair comes out great either way).

I rollerset my hair using the mohawk method, but I roll all of hair going up. This way really keeps my NG in check.

Yes my hair is healthier b/c of rollersetting. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It's funny b/c I kinda think of myself as a rollersetting pro.

Lacio Lacio and Chi Silk Infusion

I now use my Pibbs 514 but before I would airdry (my hair comes out great either way).

I rollerset my hair using the mohawk method, but I roll all of hair going up. This way really keeps my NG in check.
How long does it take you to airdry?

How long does it take you to airdry?

Before my Pibbs I didn't have a dryer so I was forced to airdry my hair for any hairstyle (rollersets, curlformers). I usually did this overnight or if in a semi-hurry it would take me 4-5 hours for my shoulder length hair to dry.

Yes because my biggest enemy was direct heat. And my hair would snap right off.

Lacio Lacio, ORS Setting lotion, CHI serum and most importantly: WATER you hair has to be soaking wet in order to set properly:yep:

Dryer; about 1-1.5 hours

First I make a Mohawk then start rolling at the bottom and make my way to the top on both sides

I am rollersetting for growth as well...

It keeps me pretty and keeps my hair safe from my shoulders and my hair. Thanks for this thread...

cj

Healthy from Rollersetting. I haven't used heat since 1993 ( no curling irons, flat irons, blow dryers, etc.)

Sometimes I use BioSilk Silk therapy or Lacio Lacio diluted in water.

Air dryed for 2 hours, then went under the dryer for 15 minutes.

Number one is my style of choice.

3. other

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I don't know. It's healthy but it's always been healthy so I don't have anything to judge it against. I rollerset 90% of the time.

NTM Silk Touch Leave In
Motions Wrap Lotion

Under the dryer 1x per week, air dry 1x per week

3. other

All of the above :lol: It just depends on what I want my hair to look like and what sized rollers I used.

Yes! O-M-Goodness!!! Especially the ends.

NTM LEave in, fantasia olive serum, water

sit under the dryer. I tried the airdrying thing, IMO um don't think its for me.........

Is there a way I can buy lacio lacio in a store instead of online?
I don't feel like paying shipping charges:ohwell:

Yes - Healthier

Lacio Lacio and water

Sit under the dryer for 1 hour 30 minutes

Mohawk style then roll down on the sides.

:scratchch Although, next wash/DC/rollerset I am gonna try Blkprincess way of doing it. Part from ear to ear roll the back first then mohawk the top middle and roll down the sides *that sounds like a lot (alot easier)*:look:

Back