Other Rollersetting Methods--Besides Mohawk Style, Curlformers and Flexirods

nipday

Hey ladies,

I'm interested in finding other rollersetting methods besides setting with magnetic rollers mohawk style or with flexirods and/curlformers. I'd just like to know how you part and section your hair, place your rollers, plus the type and the size of the roller you use for your hair length (I'm currently bsl--but it's not very thick--which is another thing I want to work on!:wallbash:). Is it possible to get spiral curls with magnetic rollers? What about mesh rollers?

Thanks!

ajoyfuljoy

Hey ladies,

I'm interested in finding other rollersetting methods besides setting with magnetic rollers mohawk style or with flexirods and/curlformers. I'd just like to know how you part and section your hair, place your rollers, plus the type and the size of the roller you use for your hair length (I'm currently bsl--but it's not very thick--which is another thing I want to work on!:wallbash:). Is it possible to get spiral curls with magnetic rollers? What about mesh rollers?

Thanks!

I know it is possible to get spirals with magnetic rollers. If you place them vertically you would get automatic spirals. But if you place them horizontally I think you'd get spirals only depending on how long your hair is.

The longer my hair is, the more spirals I have when I take down my "mohawk style" rollerset.

I don't use mesh. They're supposed to leave the hair a little crinkly. I like magnetic b/c it creates an instant "done" finish on the hair.

My mom has told me stories of people using strips of brown paper bags to roll hair. I've also heard people use strips of towels/clothes. And if you do bantu knots right, they're supposed to give a nice finished "down" look. I've never used any of those methods but I've heard of their success.

nipday

I know it is possible to get spirals with magnetic rollers. If you place them vertically you would get automatic spirals. But if you place them horizontally I think you'd get spirals only depending on how long your hair is.

The longer my hair is, the more spirals I have when I take down my "mohawk style" rollerset.

I don't use mesh. They're supposed to leave the hair a little crinkly. I like magnetic b/c it creates an instant "done" finish on the hair.

My mom has told me stories of people using strips of brown paper bags to roll hair. I've also heard people use strips of towels/clothes. And if you do bantu knots right, they're supposed to give a nice finished "down" look. I've never used any of those methods but I've heard of their success.

Thanks ajoyfuljoy!!

I use the mohawk style now and I do love those curls. I am looking for a slightly more defined curl like a spiral set. I've never used the vertical method. Do you see a difference in the definition of your curls using the vertical way? Also, how do you part your hair--is it from ear to ear or is there another way?