Heat Cap deep conditioning??????

Kinky4Agirl

Hey ladies,
Can I deep condition my hair using a heat cap? Or am I fooling myself? I have a hooded dryer but the cap is easier and smaller to use.. Let me know your thoughts girlfriends!!!

faithVA

Hey ladies,
Can I deep condition my hair using a heat cap? Or am I fooling myself? I have a hooded dryer but the cap is easier and smaller to use.. Let me know your thoughts girlfriends!!!

Yes the cap is fine for deep conditioning. You don't need the heat of a dryer to get the effects of a deep conditioner.

JaneBond007

That's what they were designed for. I like mine and it's easier to use than a dryer. I was thinking of getting the non-electric one you heat in the microwave as well.

Britt

I've been using my heat cap to dc for the past few years, I actually prefer it to the hooded dryer. It smushes the heat in and it's more comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Desert Skye

Do you ladies think this will deep condition better than a steamer? I dont want to fork out close to $100 for another steamer since mine just broke.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Love using my Mastex Heat Cap. Nice 'baking' heat.

Totally different than DC'ing under a dryer.

My preference is my Steamer 1st, with my Heat Cap 2nd and dryer 3rd.

I especially like using my Heat Cap in the Winter for some reason.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I don't really like DCing with just my dryer.I really liked steaming. I am thinking of using these heat caps (which as so cute). I will use them with my wet twisty turbie under it to get a budget steaming effect going on

https://www.etsy.com/listing/167257881/hot-head-microwavable-deep-conditioning?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=natural+hair+products&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I have one of these and a mastex heat cap. Personally, I like my mastex better. The hot head only stayed hot for about 15 minutes and the heat didn't feel even. My mastex stays hot all over for as long as I want.

ETA: Mastex was also cheaper

reeko43

I have been using the Heat Therapy Wrap for about 4 years now to dc. Love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

KiLLaCarLi

Girl, absolutely.
I rarely DC with my hooded dryer or my steamer anymore. The heat cap is soooo convenient, you can get more sessions in with less hassle. Hot oil treatments as well. I plug mine into an extension cord and do chores with it on, dishes, laundry, lol. Best thing that happened to my hair in 2014.

I can't say it's better than a steamer. But on my hair, I think the effects are equal. Ime.

NaturallyATLPCH

I plan on getting me a heat cap. I had a Hot Head but I wasn't too impressed with it. I put it in the microwave without the glass plate that I heat things on and ended up burning it. I forgot about the flaxseeds being the heating agent. :lol:

I've been using my hooded dryer and while it gets the job done, I think I like the closeness of the constant heat with the heat cap.

ThermalHairCare

I'm very sorry to hear about your Hot Head burning. We'd like to send you a replacement and help you troubleshoot the issues with your microwave. To start you'll definitely want to place it on a clean glass or ceramic plate and follow the supplied heating instructions. Would you mind contacting us through our Etsy shop www.ThermalHairCare.com so we can help resolve this for you? Just click the "Contact shop owner" button once you're there. Thanks so much!

I plan on getting me a heat cap. I had a Hot Head but I wasn't too impressed with it. I put it in the microwave without the glass plate that I heat things on and ended up burning it. I forgot about the flaxseeds being the heating agent. :lol:

I've been using my hooded dryer and while it gets the job done, I think I like the closeness of the constant heat with the heat cap.

nmartin20

Love using my Mastex Heat Cap. Nice 'baking' heat. Totally different than DC'ing under a dryer. My preference is my Steamer 1st, with my Heat Cap 2nd and dryer 3rd. I especially like using my Heat Cap in the Winter for some reason.

I'm agreeing with you. I love my steamer and my Therapy Hair Wrap. As a matter of fact, I haven't used my therapy wrap in a while. Normally, I use it if I'm not at home. You can't go wrong with it. I hope this helps.

nubiennze

I've always enjoyed my heat cap. You can't beat the comfort and convenience of being able to plug it in while lying in bed and/or surfing the net. I prefer it for prepooing (when I do so) just to avoid some of the back-and-forth shower hopping. I'd say it comes in a respectable second to the steam room.

Love using my Mastex Heat Cap. Nice 'baking' heat.

I have one of these and a mastex heat cap. Personally, I like my mastex better. The hot head only stayed hot for about 15 minutes and the heat didn't feel even. My mastex stays hot all over for as long as I want.

ETA: Mastex was also cheaper

IDareT'sHair uofmpanther Would you ladies mind sharing the link (if possible) to where you got your Mastex caps?

I have one from the BSS that's over 10 years old, and while it's still functional, it's obviously seen better days. I ordered a new one from Amazon but ended up sending it back when the strap snapped off before I could even get it on my head. It was also a lot smaller than my old one. I picked up a Laila Ali one from Walmart in the meantime, but it just doesn't get good and "baking" like my old school Mastex (still) does.

Jace032000

I actually prefer my Heath Therapy Wrap over my steamer. It's easier to get stuff done around the house with it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I have one from the BSS that's over 10 years old, and while it's still functional, it's obviously seen better days. I ordered a new one from Amazon but ended up sending it back when the strap snapped off before I could even get it on my head. It was also a lot smaller than my old one. I picked up a Laila Ali one from Walmart in the meantime, but it just doesn't get good and "baking" like my old school Mastex (still) does.

nubiennze

I bought my first one on Ebay in about 2004 and it worked until January this year. I bought my second one on Amazon when the first one died and it is still going strong. Here is the link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HTNBB4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000HTNBB4&linkCode=as2&tag=silke-20

Last edited:

faithVA

I've always enjoyed my heat cap. You can't beat the comfort and convenience of being able to plug it in while lying in bed and/or surfing the net. I prefer it for prepooing (when I do so) just to avoid some of the back-and-forth shower hopping. I'd say it comes in a respectable second to the steam room.

IDareT'sHair uofmpanther Would you ladies mind sharing the link (if possible) to where you got your Mastex caps?

I'm selling mine in the exchange forum if you are interested. I only used it twice. Pm if you are.