Heeey ladies, check out my braidout! (Pics!)

foxieroxienyc

Ok so I was inspired once again by the wonderfulness that is LHCF and decided to try my first braid out in a long time. I did a pre-deep condition with my beloved Pantene Mask and Nexxus Humectress, sat under the dryer for about 15 mins. Did a wash that consisted of V05 Moisture Milk Conditioner (the Passion Fruit Smoothie one that has soy milk protein) and a small amount of Allways Moisturizing Shampoo which is pretty gentle, oil rinsed with EVOO, then washed out with warm water. I finished off with conditioning one more time with Pantene Moisturizing Hydrator (to counter the protein in the VO5).

Then I put in a bit of Salerm 21 and Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Spray for my Leave-ins, braided in 6 braids, applied a little Elasta QP Mango Butter to the braids, sat under the dryer for a little while, then took a nap cause I got tired and let it air dry a little more. I unbraided and it was still a little damp so I went under the dryer on low and a warm temp to finish up the drying (took about 5 mins). This is the finished product which is SOOOOO SOFT AND TANGLE FREE! Lots of slip and shine. I did add a bit of SAA to my conditioner and moisturizer the other day so this is definitely contributing and it's so nice. I'm going to do this style more often! I love having this natural look, it's hiding my feet of NG VERY VERY WELL! :yep:

BraidOutJan_071.jpg

BraidOutJan_072.jpg

BraidOutJan_073.jpg

This looks great!!! You did an excellent job. Do you mind telling me the placement of your braids. Did you do 3 braids on each side with your hair parted down the middle? Sorry for all the questions but I want this look and I tried it with a flat twist twistout and it was too much manipulation for my fine hair so I want to try braids instead. TIA!

Sure thing, no worries about questions! I'm more than happy to answer girl that's what we're all here for, lol. Thanks so much for the compliment.

First off I braided them when they were still wet with lots of leave in so my wide tooth comb used to detangle each section before braiding had nothing but 1 or two shed hairs, no breakage - trust me I checked, I'm obsessed with checking for bulbs. I sorta sectioned my hair off down the middle, I say sorta because I didnt really seperate with an even line, I hate the feeling of pulling my wet hair apart to make a perfect part. So I gently separated down the middle, then put a clip in the section I wasnt working on. I took one half and separated that into three sections starting at the bottom, they were medium to smaller sized braids. So by the time I was done I had six sections. My hair is pretty fine as well I'm finding, I have a lot of hair, but fine strands.

Thanks......more questions :grin:. What did you put on the ends of each braid to keep them from unravelling. It looks like you didn't use rollers on the ends because they're straight and that's the look I want.

Homegirl, now that braidout is fiyah! Many people don't get their braidout to look that well. For some reason, I like twistouts a bit better but I'm definitely going to try a braidout in the near future.

That's a great breadout pic. I've never been able to get that style to look good by myself cuz I don't know how to do cornrows. But maybe one day.

Thanks again for the comments :). It was really quick to do, so I'm going to stick to this style for my next wash - on Thursday (doing 3 days this week up from my usual 2x).

First off, the make-up I'm wearing is just MAC concealor under the eyes and spot applied here and there and then set with Black Opal Invisible Oil Absorbing Power to reduce shine because my skin can get a little oily. I dont ever apply full foundation on my face unless I'm at a shoot or have to be on film or on stage - for me prevents breakouts. Then just some black liner and mascara with SAA added because I'm trying to grow out my lashes.

Back to the hair though, I CANNOT cornrow for the life of me! They look really retarded when I attempt to. These braids are just plaits that I did to achieve this look. I braided them ALL THE WAY to the very ends and they did loosen up just a bit, but I would braid the ends up again when that did happen (happened as they dried so it wasnt bad). I didnt put curlers on the end, I was about to but changed my mind. When I took a nap I did sorta bantu knot them and pinned down with a hair pin and covered with my scarf so they wouldnt come out. But that was only for about 20 mins that they were like that before I took my scarf off, unbraided, and finished up under the dryer to finish drying.:yep:

Back