HEELLPP!!Flat Ironing Issue

Kimmil129

/images/graemlins/crazy.gifMy hair does not get totally straight after relaxing (and that's Ok) but I don't feel comfortable yet flat ironing my hair to acheive a straighter look..I was wonder does anyone have any sugguestions on what to use on my hair if I decide to flat iron it so my hair wont break off. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

caress

I use L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Heat Control Leave-In Protection Creme. You can buy it at Sally Beauty Supply. Here's a link: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=500383&dept%5Fid=1210 It's a heat protectant and is moisturizing.

Also a good flatiron is the Jilbere Ceramic Flatiron. I bought one last year and it's the best I've ever used. I only have to swipe it once down each section of hair to get it straight. I was pleased when I started reading that a lot of ladies here like it as well. Here's a link: http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=345289&dept%5Fid=1650 There is a smaller version as well. You can get it from Sally's or Ulta.

caress

I'm probably the worse example because my ends which are relaxed (I'm transitioning) were already a bit damaged. However, I've gained a lot of growth (or rather as much growth as I had in the past which is 1/2 in. per month) since using it and it's been healthy growth. I think much of what we do to our hair is damaging over time but I think it's about keeping that damage minimal.

pebbles

Hi Pandora,

It's not supposed to damage hair because the ceramic eliminates hot spots. It's reported to be an excellent flat iron. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

Kimmil129

THANK YOU !! for the advice I am really sick of wearing my hair in a ponytail need a change so I will flat iron it and then wrap it for the night. /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

sweetcocoa

New Image Damage Free Thermal heat protectant(recommended by Valleygirl). There was a thread on this awhile back.

Ennyaa

I LOOVE that flatiron. It was able to straighten my natural roots and relaxed ends with ONE swipe on a low setting. /images/graemlins/grin.gif But I'm a believer in "everything in moderation." While I believe the ceramic is much less damaging than other flatirons, I don't think it would be healthy to use it every single day.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pebbles said:
Hi Pandora,

It's not supposed to damage hair because the ceramic eliminates hot spots. It's reported to be an excellent flat iron. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwww, Pebbles! You 'dun did it to me again! NOW I have to buy that darn thing! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
you could use a little wgo or castor oil on your ends before u put yr hair in a ponytail or do yr nightly wrap routine. This has helped me to have less breakage when styling

Leslie_C

also, a serum/polisher such as Keracare silk n seal or straight request hair polish work good as a heat protectant. There is also a cheaper spray protectant by elasta QP that is pretty good, I just spritz a bit on each section, comb thru it, then flat iron. As others mentioned, ceramic irons are ok in moderation but I think any excessive heat can be damaging.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have a question...

can u use a anti-breakage lotion (like Motions CPR) as a heat protectant to flat iron your hair??? :confused: