Hello, and a quick question!

Mailily

Hi!

I'm new to posting to the boards but have been around for awhile. I've enjoyed reading the topics and advice. You're all so knowledgeable! I have a quick question. I am looking for a stylist in the NYC area that does "net" weaving. I currently see a "celebrity" stylist who is pretty awesome at what he does. He first secures your own hair by flat-twist/braiding it against your scalp vertically towards the back. He then places a sort of mesh/stocking thingie over your hair and then sews the weave hair on top of that. The effect is FLAWLESS and allows me to wear the weave for months at a time (7 months was my record, no joke) without any tangling, dreading. And it stays flat the entire time, not rising off of your head as your hair grows. I don't know how he does it, but it's awesome. So why am I looking for someone else? Because he is unreliable! LOL! It is very hard to get a hold of him, which is fine if you don't need him, but when you need a quick retouch or something at short notice, good luck! He's a sweet guy, but his lack of availability when you need him is finally starting to test my patience, LOL. Sometimes he returns calls after WEEKS. Sigh.

I am only looking for net-weaving because that's what has allowed my hair to stay protected while it grows out. If anyone knows of anyone, I would love to know. If not, thanks for listening anyway! : )

Uhmm... wish I could help but I'm in Cali :) Maybe you could try the the Salon Review Forum. I'm assuming that almost any stylist that does weaves can do the net method. In my area (not even very "urban" mind you), plently of stylists offer this method. So also, just simply try asking regular stylists - HTH :)

Back