Hello and thanks LHCF Newbie with new fotki

ekomba

Hello everyone my name is Ekomba i ve just began to post not long ago. I've been lurking this board for a year and i looooooooooove it to death. Thanks to you guys i big chop and started a vitamin regimen the past year and even though my hair is 2 inch under braids ( in fact i believe it is now 3-4 thanks to daily mtg these past 2 weeks), im trying to keep a growth of 2 inch per month and keep my hair braided for 1 year alternating between cornrows full sew-ins and braids , vitamins, hair shakes and healthy diet. I had these braids for 2 weeks and half and will try to keep them for 3 more months if i can make it i wash once a week and never manipulate the braids they are most of the time under a cap. Thanks so much all you great ladies of LHCF. i have 4bbb hair even though thick, i used to always perm from roots to tip and i learned its a big no no. U are the best stylists advisers i ever had and made me love my hair that i used to despise. I can t believe i big chop and even manage the courage to walk outside my house with an afro thanks so much i will lay down the heat and once i reach waistlenght invest in a maxiglide laugh at me i'm tryin to get there in one year-2 years max ahahhah from twa i believe it s possible if i keep getting 1inch every 2 weeks please find below my new fotki that i just set i will update in 3 months with pix of my hair after i take out the braids so i started with 2 inch. My hubby laughed at me and dont even believe i can get to bra strap because i m dark skinned african he never seen as he tell me an african girl with butt length natural hair you have to be mixed as he said whatever waistlength here i come hahhhaa :grin:
http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/
password: waistlength

ekomba

Thank you so much cincybrownsugar ! i love your hair too. You know this board is addictive i came to it by curiosity as i heard it mentioned on another board and i was so impressed by all the hair i so myself going through waves jumping on every bandwagon surge, cysteine everything conditioning washes and guess what most of them work i still cant believe i big chop wow LHCF made me more aware of my natural beauty and to take better care of my health and body i even eat different now

moda

ekomba said:
Thank you so much cincybrownsugar ! i love your hair too. You know this board is addictive i came to it by curiosity as i heard it mentioned on another board and i was so impressed by all the hair i so myself going through waves jumping on every bandwagon surge, cysteine everything conditioning washes and guess what most of them work i still cant believe i big chop wow LHCF made me more aware of my natural beauty and to take better care of my health and body i even eat different now

Thank you ekomba!!!! You are right this board is very addictive, I should be working out right now and you see what I am doing :lol: I have jumped on many bandwagons myself, I am glad you have found some things that work for you.

Shatani

welcome aboard!!! good luck on your journey to waistlength....

by the way, the password doesnt work for the very first album....i dont know if thats on purpose, just wanted you to know :D

ekomba

Thank you so much for the welcome ladies shatani i was in your folder last week admiring your hair really it doesnt work im surprised the password is waistlength for every folders but i might have made a typo i'm correct it. Thank you kitchentician i always stalk your folder and thank you press curl. nOW im motivated i want to see waistlength hair hahah :grin: :p

hopeful

Shoot I can't get into your album. I wanna see your pics! Well I will try again later. But for now, I just want to say welcome. I loved reading your story. I wish you the best of the luck with reaching your goals.

ekomba

Thank you hopeful thanks mona lisa oh i m new to fotki too i guess it is acting up but try later the password is waistlength for all 3 folders. Thanks for the encouragement and i will soon take a pix update of the growth with mtg and my braids

hopeful

ekomba said:
Thank you hopeful thanks mona lisa oh i m new to fotki too i guess it is acting up but try later the password is waistlength for all 3 folders. Thanks for the encouragement and i will soon take a pix update of the growth with mtg and my braids

You're welcome ekomba. I finally got into your album. You are very pretty and I like how adventurous you are with your hair. And the baby pics are really precious.

ekomba

Thanks shatani Thaks hopeful i'm mad i never let my hair grow in the past i always loved to experiment with my hair did everything to it. I just get bored quickly with one style. Can you imagine i used to have the michael look growing up all greasy i did every fad imaginable from soul glo juicy that would leave stains on sofas, to all the rainbow colors even white,pink, burgundy, blond i was so crazy, permed, bleached strawset everything under the sun now im tired for now since the big chop i decided to grow my hair and stop walking on the wild side hahahha you know when you younger you so rebellious but hubby dont like too much color ahh sigh :lachen: i dont know why men love long hair so much you should see how is all over me as soon as i rock a weave hahah

ekomba

Thanks caligirl2385 that's so funny how short hair makes you look younger i dreaded big chopping but i felt excitement and freedom passing that clipper all over my head and putting the color i feel shaved 10 years off ahhahhahah :lachen: my hubby said i look like a lil boy so i waited for 2 inch of growth and put in braids

ekomba

Thanks Dsilla you know all these years i thought she had a wig on until i saw her hair. She never permed my head as a kid but as a teen i could not tame it

ekomba

Hello Webby and thanks for the welcome and encouragement i will keep you posted on my progress. My entire family thinks that i've become crazy and dont understand my hair obsession and how it lead me to big chop hahahah they look at me crazy like when you gonna put a perm. Even my music producer took a bet they like i only talk hair they get mad when i know all the products and read labels so i just put braids in but everybody is waiting for the next 6 months to 1 year update and pressuring me even one of my best friends keep laughing at me :lachen:

Ashee

Welcome Ekomba!!

Great to have another face on the board & another Natural to look at for my future inspiration!

ekomba

Thanks Ashee, even as a lurker you always kept me entertained on the celebrity board. i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this board be it for hair, dana diet, people have me looking into colonic cleanses to dwindle my belly hahaha, carrot juices and skin and make up tips wow i m like a sponge trying to absorb daily. Can you believe my best friend got mad at me today for telling not to perm her hair from roots to tip that s why her hair is thin she called me ignorant because back in france all the hairdressers around saint denis particulary sibi i went there for years they all perm from roots to tip and use any perm we never paid attention to which relaxer they put no lye or lye as we trusted stylists :eek: wow thanks lhcf for that even though my friends refuse to believe me

DangerouslyShy

Im glad you found so much useful information. This site is a god sent!! Your hair looks great short and longer you can definately rock both. Good luck on your journey!! And wow you have been all over the world, i wish i get to take time to do things like that soon as well!!!

ekomba

Hey Thank you Hottopic and thank you Dangerouslyshy yeah i traveled a lot but I was born in Africa then went to a boarding school in Belgium and went to high school and college in France. I've doing music forever and my family lives in london, france, belgium and africa all my life i dreamed of coming to america to make it here i was previously signed to Polygram/universal france but decided to take the big plunge and come to New York i only been here since a couple years so everything is still new i miss europe and africa a lot my husband is african-american so its two different cultures and views ahhaha i feel like eddie murphy in coming to america so much info even though there is a lot of africans in europe its very hard specially in france to find products, make up except for mac now that cater to us its very hard for africans to make it in france you have way more opportunity here now i'm really on a quest for waistlength my aim is at least to have a huge afro by the time i shoot my album cover this coming year of course i will give a big shoutout to this forum :D