Newbie#2- Fotki and Hello!

amara11

Ive been lurking for a disgustingly long amount of time- so long I wont even tell! I recently figured out that being a member and being a subscriber gave you different levels of access to the site, so technically I am a newbie b/c I just recently b/came a subscriber and made my first few posts. so HELLO! I also have a fotki album w/ a few pics, check it out and lend any suggestions when u get the chance.

Hair stats:
~4a/b- May 31st was my 9th month transitioning hair (not ready for the BC yet- still doing my research on what products/regimes work be4 I do)
~Shoulder length, thick hair
~Goal for now = APL
~Moved to Boston, so looking for GOOD salons that can press NAtuRAl hair (the dominican thing doesnt work for me wayyyyyy too much heat, not enough conditioning, just dont want to go there anymore!)
~About 3-4 inches of new growth, hair normally grows wayyy faster, but this past school year has been too hectic- so the hair/health got neglected a bit :(
~Back on track and ready to roll!

Im excited to be here, and I look forward to talking with a lot of you- your albums, pics, regimes etc have been a huge source of inspiration!

~amara11~

YES! WELCOME! Glad you finally came out of lurkdom. Now you can join in, in all the fun. You have a beautiful pic and hair by the way.

I'd like to say WELCOME!!! Congratulations on your decision to transition :) Just a word of caution or something to consider. I transitioned for about 15 months before I cut the remainder of my relaxer off. During my transition, I flat ironed my hair and wore it straight, using heat about once a week. My intentions were not to transition, but to hold of on retouching until I found a stylist I could trust (as you can see, that never happened! LOL) When I finally cut off my relaxer, I realized that my hair was different textures, looser at the top, therefore, the tiniest bit of damage would show in that part of my hair. I did suffer heat damage where parts of my hair were completely straight towards the crown and very front. Try to alternate between straight styles and other styles that dont require straightning. Becareful of the level of heat, go with the lowest possible to achieve desired results, and ALWAYS use a protectant.

Again, welcome and good luck!

welcome girl i am the same as u, ive been lurking since january and just joined we both should get hit. :fishslap: I got tired of doing searches instead of just subscribing and asking my question, dont it seem like u know everybody even though we never posted before:D

sexy c said:
welcome girl i am the same as u, ive been lurking since january and just joined we both should get hit. :fishslap: I got tired of doing searches instead of just subscribing and asking my question, dont it seem like u know everybody even though we never posted before:D

Yes it does!- Thats why I feel a bit stalkerish, but Im posting now!

Back