Hello, Buenos Dias, Bon Jour ... and all that good stuff

Phaer

I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself ... "I Phaer am a confirmed product junky, admitting I have a problem is the first step ..." oh wait a minute, wong board, in either case I have no intention of giving up my Product Junkism, I love being a PJ, there are a lot of worse things that I could be addicted to.

I will try to post some pictures later, but my mother and I are both transitioning to natural hair at the same time, and we are determined never to put a relaxer on my younger sister's hair. My last relaxer was around March 2010. I am transitioning using kinky twist which is TORTURE for me. I am VERYYYYYY tenderheaded, and every time I get my braids in I feel like I am being scalped. I put up with the pain because 1. the mix of relaxed and natural hair looks awful, 2. I prefer this style to wigs and weave because it allows me to put in my treatment more consistently, and 3. I look GOREgeous in kinky twists :lachen:

I used to be able to leave in the twist for 3 months, but this last time I had to take them out after 1.5 months because of the amount of new growth I had (JBCO, mega tek and ALoe for LIFE!!!). Transitioning is hard for me because I just want to chop all of the relaxed ends off, but I promised my mom I wouldn't do it yet (I have cut some off, without her knowing, :nono:). When I take my twists out, I try to leave my hair out for about 1 month before I redo them, and use the time to do all my protein, deep conditioning treatment.

I am excited because my mom and I are planning on visiting Haiti this November, and part of that trip will be to get some true castor oil (I am going to see how they make it, Yippee!), some tree bark that is good for hair and some mud/clay from Jeremie that is supposed to be very moisturizing (I will then try to compare it with the clays that can be purchased in the US, I can't go to Haiti every time I want some magic mud... sheesh)

I have lurked on this site for years, and I am obsessed with this site, I check it several times a day for new updates, and I can't help looking for new products, it's gotten so bad that I never look at LHCF without having my amazon page open (yes I know I have a problem :perplexed), I am extremely disapointed if I checked the site at 9 am and at 10 and no new threads have been posted (Lord help me!).

I am excited to share my journey with my fellow Healthy Hair sisters, I look foward to learning from all of you, I don't even care if you guys realize that I have issues, they just make me lovable.:lachen:

hopeful

Good luck to you and your mom on your transition and your trip to Haiti--how exciting!

Carisa

welcome! I too am a PJ but i will try to not spend anymore money on hair products until i use the ones i have- the problem is i just like to try so many different products (whats even worse is i am the same way with skin products lol)

andromeda

:welcome: welcome and congrats on your transitioning journey. I feel you on being tenderheaded. :nono:

Is this the famous l'huile de meskreti that you'll be getting in Haiti?

Phaer

Of Couse! my theory is that having master the skills to become a proper poduct junky in one field, it only makes sense to carry it onto another field.

Phaer

YUP! YUP! I can't wait. I buy the extra strenght JBCO and my mom still swears it's not the same.

lalla

Bonjour,

Welcome to LHCF.

From what I've heard ( from people from Martinique and Guadeloupe ) JBCO is traditionnally made castor oil.
They grind the castor beans then heat them slowly to get the oil to surface.

Hope you'll like the forum ( and your trip to Haiti).