HELLO LADIES...I WANT TO HENNA BUT I"M SCARED...PLEASE GIVE ME TIPS!!!

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ, would you mind giving a review of the red raj, the stain is more red than orange, how does it rinse? thank you

g.lo I will be happy to give a review of this new 2012 summer crop of Red Raj when I use it for the first time.

The 2011 batch gave a beautiful cherry cola red color in my opinion, but I do things to tweak my batches towards that color like adding hibiscus flower powder and using hibiscus tea to my batch. Red Raj has one of the higher lawsome percentage which gives the strongest color. The batch is stringy, which I like, because it does not run or drip at all. I can apply the henna without getting anywhere except on my head :lol: My only beef with the 2011 crop is that they did not sift it fine enough. It had a bunch of twigs in it, but they are supposed to be taking care of that with by giving a thorough sift to the 2012 crop. I sift my 2011 Red Raj before I use it and I dunk my whole head a few times to make sure to get all the twigs out. It's worth the extra step in my opinion because of the color it stains my gray hair!

Last edited:

g.lo

g.lo I will be happy to give a review of this new 2012 summer crop of Red Raj when I use it for the first time.

The 2011 batch gave a beautiful cherry cola red color in my opinion, but I do things to tweak my batches towards that color like adding hibiscus flower powder and using hibiscus tea to my batch. Red Raj has one of the higher lawsome percentage which gives the strongest color. The batch is stringy, which I like, because it does not run or drip at all. I can apply the henna without getting anywhere except on my head :lol: My only beef with the 2011 crop is that they did not sift it fine enough. It had a bunch of twigs in it, but they are supposed to be taking care of that with by giving a thorough sift to the 2012 crop. I sift my 2011 Red Raj before I use it and I dunk my whole head a few times to make sure to get all the twigs out. It's worth the extra step in my opinion because of the color it stains my gray hair!

thanks so much, that what I was hoping to hear:grin:. I will buy as soon as hennasooq has it back in stock and use your mix recipe.
AtlantaJJ, how many grams of hibiscus powder and how many tea bag do you use?

gaby

AtlantaJJ

thanks so much, that what I was hoping to hear:grin:. I will buy as soon as hennasooq has it back in stock and use your mix recipe.

gaby
g.lo I use about 3 tablespoons of the hibiscus powder and 3 tea bags, I let it steep for a couple of hours, then I warm the tea up a bit before I mix my batch. I don't add any other powders to my my batch such as amla because it tweaks the color towards brown. I like to keep it pure. I use my other Ayurveda powders separately from my henna applications because I want pure color.

An added bonus is that hibiscus helps with growth and moisture :yep:

shyekiera

gaby

I am ordering too! Keeping my eye on the website!

g.lo

g.lo I use about 3 tablespoons of the hibiscus powder and 3 tea bags, I let it steep for a couple of hours, then I warm the tea up a bit before I mix my batch. I don't add any other powders to my my batch such as amla because it tweaks the color towards brown. I like to keep it pure. I use my other Ayurveda powders separately from my henna applications because I want pure color.

:kisses: thank you!

shyekiera

gaby

The red Raj will be in next week...just got the email

HanaKuroi

AtlantaJJ said:

How do you sift it? Do you use the pantyhose method? You are going to make me use my red raj. And my hibiscus powder and my tea.

AtlantaJJ

How do you sift it? Do you use the pantyhose method? You are going to make me use my red raj. And my hibiscus powder and my tea.

:lol: I know! I'm not due for a henna until next weekend, I almost talked myself into doing one tonight :rofl:

I've used the pantyhose method. I don't like it but it works. I was on the verge of buying a fine flour sifter but I was assured by Henna Sooq that the sift will be better this year.

I forgot to mention that I sometimes put a tablespoon of aloe vera juice or gel in my batch. I'm interested in the aloe vera powder, I haven't tried it yet, but it should help make the henna batch more moisturizing.

HanaKuroi

Does anyone know off hand the release time for the different types of henna?

I got mixed up the other day and put the wrong henna on my hair well after color release.